• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hygrophila pinafitida

John Starkey

Hi all, I got some of the above plant when I was at vivarium,it was emersed
Form,it has been doing realy well for the last three weeks,but I just noticed all the leaves are getting little hole in them,would this be due to the plant changing into it's submersed form ?,or is the plant lacking something fert wise,at present im feeding 1 mil per day of brighty k,step 2,sspecial shade,and easy carbo,all my other plants are healthy and I don't have any algae issues .

Thanks John.

Hey John.

I'm growing this too and have the same thing. I'm wondering if it's changing form. I'm dosing Step 1, Special Shade and Brighty K, with injected CO2 and occasional Easy Carbo. It's got new growth growing from the crown but it's not enough to be able to see a difference yet.

I had the same thing happening to me previously and the plant just eventually died off after a couple of weeks, I am trying this again in my new setup from aquafleur pots, lets see how this last batch does, so far after a week its healthy and pearling like crazy!!

Cheers for the reply,s guys,what i am going to do after a closer look,is cut all the old leaves off and see what happens because there is new growth coming through,which i presume would be the submersed leaves,

john.

Back