• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

BBQ Food and Booze?

Gill

Ok so I have 4 BBQ's over the next few weeks.
what is trending in BBQ food and BOOze ATM, any suggestions would be great.
Cheers

Giant prawns with a sweet chilli dip
And a good sparkling rose
Matt

When I was in Arizona we had a bbq, I reeeeally like these cheesy bacon jalapeno peppers they cooked up

You cut the jalapeno iin half, long ways, remove all the insides with a spoon, place cheese inside then wrap in some bacon and cook untill the bacon is crispy mmmmmm follow by a corona. Drink untill just below the neck and top up with tequila....haha I couldn't drink it but my girlfriends family was.

They may of cooked the bacon before the wrap, then wrapped it and let it lightly cook the cheese and pepper, other wise you'll burn the cheese and pepper with the time to cook the bacon from raw.

Rose is always a welcome guest at a bbq :)

to go with George's apple juice, lemon water is also good to keep trickling over the meat.

chicken, the kazakh/Russian way, is to marinade in mayonnaise and lemon juice! divine!

Thanks for the ideas Guys, Think i might try the Prawns.
And Mayo Marinade Chicken - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Mayo

Got some Nice Chops, Ribs, King Tiger Prawns and Some Nice Butchers Sausages.
Chops and Ribs Came with marinades.
Going to Marinade the Prawns for an hour before i go in Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce.

I am mad for outdoor cooking in fact I have almost got a complete outdoor restaurant down the bottom of my garden!
I use an old washing machine drum to do a lot of my cooking, here are some lobsters cooked over an oak wood fire...
P10305601.jpg

Back