• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

'Blue Sky' Iwagumi ...overgrown

Re: New journal, sometime in the future.

that looks sweet as, BTW we have the same wall paper. Great bargain on the cabinet as well.

Mark Evans said:
ianho said:
that better not be seiryu

It is mate. :lol:

sanj said:
where did you get that landscaping stone?

most of that lot was bought by myself. I do have a load more from Plantedbox days, but that's still with a partner.

I'll be using a lot of the stone in the 120 x 55 x 55 :thumbup:

The tank is in situ, taking the place of the the almost.

situ-2.jpg

look at that bloody tele!!! haha

you must be doing something right mark, all this ada gear a tele like that an using seiryu stone as gravel for the garden!! :D :D haha

lovely looking cabinet, really does look the part.

will you be selling off any old stock? i love seiryu stone. :shifty:

oi get a spirit level on hat light to pal!!! haha

nayr88 said:
oi get a spirit level on hat light to pal!!! haha

:lol:

it is actually level. i used a wide angle lens, which has distorted straight lines....the ceiling isnt straight neither, yet the floor is :thumbup:

Looks very nice Mark,i can,t wait to see this one,i love stem setup,s,

john.

john starkey said:
,i love stem setup,s,

me to mate. I've done anything really 'stemmy' for ages.

I'll be using many variteies including 1 that isnt used all that often. ;)

I've kindly been donated some mature media for my filters. It's coming from my local P@H store filters. I've got to know the manager really well. so thumbs up to James. :thumbup:

My windowsill is like a moss factory, reviving some moss i got from Vivarium, and some moss I've had for some time.

moss-3.jpg

Still unsure whether it's going in this tank or the 120.

On a side note, I've ordered a geismann infinity for the 120. 2 x 150MH and 2 x 54t5.

Mark Evans said:
john starkey said:
,i love stem setup,s,

me to mate. I've done anything really 'stemmy' for ages.

I'll be using many variteies including 1 that isnt used all that often. ;)

About time someone revived Hygrophila difformis 8)
If that stem was discovered new now I reckon people would go nuts for it!

Re: New journal, coming soon!

a1Matt said:
If that stem was discovered new now I reckon people would go nuts for it!

As with any new plant i reckon.

To add some sense to using a 150w metal halide lamp over a 60cm tank, the height between the light and the tank is 66cm.

I've done this before with a past tank, with incredible health and no algae.

Hardscape just for show.

light-height.jpg

Hardscape looks good, a scree type layout.

its amazing how high the light is and yet how easily its illuminating the tank AND the whole room haha

Cool moss factory :) very cool

Hi ,.Mark. Did you grow all those moss by the window seal emmersed? I am sorry for the silly question but do you just fill a shallow tray with water & just place the moss in ,...just like that? Do the leaves have to be above the water surface level / below them?

Faizal

nayr88 said:
its amazing how high the light is and yet how easily its illuminating the tank AND the whole room haha

George Farmer said:
How distracting is the light spill, Mark? I don't think my wife would allow that in my living room!

I did pull the tank away from the wall which exaggerates the spill. The house over the last 4 or 5 years, has always had a tank set up, so you kind of get used to it.

Oddly enough, my wife Natalya, did actually comment on how 'empty' the room looks without anything set up...especially the big tank :wideyed: I really am getting somewhere with her state of mind! :lol:

faizal said:
Hi ,.Mark. Did you grow all those moss by the window seal emmersed? I am sorry for the silly question but do you just fill a shallow tray with water & just place the moss in ,...just like that? Do the leaves have to be above the water surface level / below them?

Not a silly question at all mate.

I submerge them in water until slightly covered. It's easy to change the water everyday, and in time you'll end up with lots of fresh, clean moss.

I'm actually going to trim this lot, and put the cuttings in another container to 'grow on'

No probs Fazial.

It's a good idea, once you've got 'clean and green' moss, to tie them to stones etc....ready for the aquarium at a later date.

MOSS-4.jpg

MOSS-3-1.jpg

here's some a revived.

MOSS-2-2.jpg

MOSS-1-2.jpg

Now their getting scraggy, just trim them up and re-tie the cuttings.

:D That's a really healthy looking moss, Mark. Thank you very much . What kind of moss is that, by the way? They are really nice & puffy :)

It's mostly java moss. I've also got a lot of christmas moss from the vivarium show,which needs loads of time to recover. :D

yeah a1matts the boy! king moss.

I'm still a noob to the stuff, but extremely willing to learn its ways. I've found in high tech setups, it's a hater of all things usually good to plants. In a plastic pot in the window, it grows like mad! :geek:

Back