• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ben's 90cm un-named re-scape - MORE NEW PICS 20/08/11

Re: Ben's 90cm un-named re-scape - The beginnings

Look at the eheim compact range. (the model number denotes the lph. eg. eheim compact 3000 is 3,000lph.)

Cheers Mate, I had a quick look today, only thing that puts me off is I'd need another inlet and outlet for the pump, I'd then have 2 outlets and 3 inlets in the tank, it's a fine line between a black Koralia and having 2 new glass pipes in the tanks and a pump outside......

I hear you. I expect you probably also get more flow for your wattage from a Koralia than an external inline pump.

spyder said:
I would of been hesitant to rip the original scape apart but the rescape looks great.

I was a bit hesitant of ripping the previous scape down, but my itchy fingers got the better of me......I felt that the time was right to try something new. The previous scape had gone full circle and my head was full of ideas, just couldn't wait any longer.

spyder said:
Can't wait to see it fill out.

me neither!! :D

Re: Ben's 90cm un-named re-scape - FISH??

Hi All,

Am looking for idea's for fish, I am thinking of 1 shoal of something...... the fish have to go well with a white background, ideally not harlequins as had them in my last setup.

I already have in there-

6 otto's
2 SAE
6 Pygmy Catfish
:thumbup:

Re: Ben's 90cm un-named re-scape - FISH??

I'd almost be tempted by Puntius Rhomboocellatus (Rhomb Barbs), but I'm not sure how they shoal and I'm not sure if they'd be a smidge too large. I've always wanted to have a tank with them, since seeing one of the scapes in the 2008 ADA catalogue called "Underwater World" (Nature aquarium gallery 3).

Re: Ben's 90cm un-named re-scape - NEW PICS 22/04/11

Right, time for some new photos of the scape and my new inhabitants, I took Steve's suggestion into account, however I chose some Bleeding Heart Tetra's instead. I really like the way they shoal and they have only been in the tank for a day and they are already showing some lovely colours.
No major algae issues to report and no more problems so far :shh:
New Fish.......
3.jpg

2.jpg

1 Lonely Shrimp......have around 12 Amano's in there but never see them much.
4.jpg

Scape shot.......
1.jpg

When this fills in, take the same shot as the last, and you'll have an awesome pic. Great to see you making an effort with the pics to.

nice photos Ben.

Im now not only getting new tank syndrome but the sudden urge to splurge more than i should on a nice camera :D

Mark Evans said:
When this fills in, take the same shot as the last, and you'll have an awesome pic. Great to see you making an effort with the pics to.

Cheers for the advice Mark......I sure will do. As for the photo's it's something I have stepped up, in my business of canvas printing I do everything to the best of my ability using the very best materials, latest and best equipment and techniques however my photography presentation on the forum has been well poor and slap dash, so time for a change ;)

(Although.....taking landscape pics is so much easier than photographing scapes and fish!!)

nayr88 said:
nice photos Ben.

Im now not only getting new tank syndrome but the sudden urge to splurge more than i should on a nice camera :D

Cheers Ryan!

My camera i used for these photos is only a canon 450d.....not that expensive these days compared to the newer models out.

Oh and go on......you know you want a new tank!! :thumbup:

well im going to tgm at the end of may so who knows what ill be coming home with lol,

you thinkg i could take pictures like your with just a 450d with no additonal ligting ect? just some practice

nayr88 said:
well im going to tgm at the end of may so who knows what ill be coming home with lol

Is this really a good idea? :lol: If your anything like me I end up spending a fortune! but its worth every penny! What a great shop! :thumbup:

nayr88 said:
you thinkg i could take pictures like your with just a 450d with no additonal ligting ect? just some practice

Absolutely Yes! I bet you could! I only use a 450d and 10mm - 20mm sigma lens, NO ADDITIONAL LIGHTING, just some post processing in CS5.

Hi Ben,your original setup was nice,but i like the new one very much,it,s going to look very good when it,s grown in,

john.

john starkey said:
Hi Ben,your original setup was nice,but i like the new one very much,it,s going to look very good when it,s grown in,

john.

Thanks John, yeah had mixed feelings taking the older scape down but so far so good with this one.

The presentation of the shots sure give the pix a greater depth, and a great choice of fish. Very underated fish and look amazing once colored up and a little maturer

George Farmer said:
Lovely 'scape and excellent photography.

The wide-angle portrait shot is particularly note worthy.

Well done, Ben! Another journal to follow! :thumbup:

Thanks George! means a lot coming from you mate :thumbup:

Back