• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Iwagumi attempt

ibanezfrelon

Hallo, my name is Luka, i come from Croatia.
This is the first time i'm trying to setup a iwagumi.

The tank is 60x35x35 - 72lit
Light ; 2x125W VTF hql, lifted high (100cm) from the substrate. Photoperiod 8hrs, it was 6hrs up to few days ago.
Filtration ; Fluval 405 with 1300lit - h flow
CO2 ; Rhinox 5000 and powerhead with modified impeller , 2 bps

Water is 80%Ro to get arround 4dKH.
EI dosing, water changes every 2-3 days now, up to recently it was every day due to some cyano.

The tank was filled with water about a month ago.

_mg_4505.jpg

_mg_4506.jpg[img]
http://www.hraquascape.org/forum/attachments/_mg_4507.jpg[/img]

George Farmer said:
Very nice!

The rocks are interesting. Are they collected yourself, or bought from a shop?
Thanx George!
I collected these from the mountains on my island (Krk), it's limestone so it's making the water hard and i make large WC every 2-3 days with 90%RO.
index.php?action=dlattach;topic=55560.0;attach=141389;image.jpg

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=55560.0;attach=141379;image.jpg

Tom said:
The two main stones are positioned nicely, as are the plants. Well done :) What is the substrate? Just sand?
Hi Tom!
The substrate is flower soil, clay and sand mixed together. I wanted to do a DSM so i 've put the flower soil in the game.
I gave up on DSM due to cyano.

Tom said:
ibanezfrelon said:
Tom said:
I gave up on DSM due to cyano.

Did you have standing water on top of the substrate? You only need it to be wet, not flooded :)
It was hard to keep the front where the HC is dry because the water would drain from the ''mountain''.
Also, once the cyano hits the plant in dsm it's hard to clean it up, in the water you only fluff it up a bitt.
Overall, the growth was poor in the DSM, maybe because of the substrate, i don't know..
...it all came to ife once the water was inside.

Back