• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

2g work tank from the US

jjcarr

Seedling
2g Fluval Spec tank
Paintball CO2, 0.5 bubbles per min
Par38 LED light
ADA Amazonia II soil under sandblast media
Built-in overflow modified with additional mechanical filtration
Shrimp only, Yellow Shrimp, Tiger Shrimp, and CRS
tankgrowth.jpg

The addition of the LED light made the plants go nuts. Pearling all day long, have to trim it once every 3 days.

Beautiful tank! Have you got any shot of it growing in? also any shot of the whole tank, including light, I'm not familiar with the fluval tank :/

How often was you refilling the co2? The paintball gun idea is cool, but I couldn't find any uk based sellers on ebay selling the cannister holders and other bits and kinda lost interest in it.

Good thread on APC about them though

nayr88 said:
Beautiful tank! Have you got any shot of it growing in? also any shot of the whole tank, including light, I'm not familiar with the fluval tank :/

How often was you refilling the co2? The paintball gun idea is cool, but I couldn't find any uk based sellers on ebay selling the cannister holders and other bits and kinda lost interest in it.

Good thread on APC about them though

Here's a shot of the original planting:
aquarium1.jpg

Don't have any full shots. Right now I have an articulating desk lamp holding the LED bulb (not the stock one) but the bulb is pretty heavy so I'm looking for a different lamp that can hold it.

This is the bulb I'm using:
parled.jpg

Been running about 2 months, haven't had to refill the CO2 yet and the gauge hasn't dropped at all, so it should be good for a couple more months.

What a difference,it's always good to see and before shot :)

Where did you get the light what's it rated at watts wise, also sorry to keep asking questions any chance of a write up or just some more details the co2 system?

Cheers

Yeah, it's Staurogyne sp. It's staying about that height. Not a fast growth plant, very nice as a foreground plant. I'm starting to get runners similar to a grass, so it's popping up all over. The details on the light are here:
http://americanaquariumproducts.com/LEDLights.html
Scroll down to the Par38 LED bulb. I should stress that it has a very narrow dispersion. Ideal for this tank, but I don't think it would work for anything bigger than 8" square.

Not much to say about the CO2 system. It's a paintball tank attached to this regulator:http://www.amazon.com/Single-Controller-Paint-Ball-Containers/dp/B001XYFPNY
cost about $80usd for the setup w/tank. It seems they are in short supply lately though. It doesn't have a needle valve, so it's difficult to adjust, but works fine for this tank. I added a diffuser and bubble counter and it's been ideal ever since.

Good lush growth,
How do you think the stock LED lighting would get on with growth of plants?
I've seen the Spec for sale at my lfs, now i've seen yours it looks like a purchase is on it's way :)

Toad

I don't think you'd be able to grow anything other than low-light plants with the stock light. I wouldn't bother, plan on upgrading the light.

Hi jjcarr, could you please show how the led bulb is mounted? Quick pic would be ideal. Thanks.

Right now I have it in a standard articulating desk lamp. However the bulb is too heavy for this setup so I'm looking for an alternative right now.

Back