• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

3 Nanos in a row - project

Jur4ik

hi guys,

want to share my new project.
3 nano cubes places in a row, using one single lightning and co2 supply for all of them.

3NIAR-1.jpg

Used ADA Power Sand S as bottom layer and topped with Amazonia

Cube 1 is using Borneo Wild wood
Cube 2 is using Seriyu stones
Cube 3 will be Invitro scape

3NIAR-2.jpg

Hope you like them, please comment ;)

Looks good and promising!!!

What's that in the filter? the small balls I mean.

cheers, GM

gmartins said:
Looks good and promising!!!

What's that in the filter? the small balls I mean.

Thanks,
AquaClear 20 with "Eheim Substrat Pro" and original piece of sponge on top

Jur4ik said:
Hope you like them, please comment

Very nice, Juri. I like them! Each hardscape layout is excellent in its own right.

From the superb photo there doesn't seem to be much room for plants in the left and centre tanks - or are you using moss?

What lighting will you be using?

If it's length of fluorescent spanning all 3 tanks then I'm sure you realise that the PAR over the centre tank will be much higher than the edge tanks so your plant choice, CO2, nutrients etc. may need to be appropriately different.

Thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

Tom said:
Wow, looks like a great start :D
Cheers Tom :)

Antoni said:
Looks great, mate!
Cant wait to see the plants list! :thumbup:
Thanks Antoni,
The only Plantlist ready yet, is the one of the right tank.
It will be planted like Macieks Invitro-Scape (AOTM 12/2010)
1_30x30cm.jpg

Mark Evans said:
Looking great Juri. The presentation is also great :thumbup:
Cheers Mark,
I´m very pleased to hear you like the presentation :angelic:

ianho said:
looking good Juri, can't wait to see it planted.
are you splitting the C02?

Thanks bud,
Yes the Co2 will be splitted

George Farmer said:
Jur4ik said:
Hope you like them, please comment

Very nice, Juri. I like them! Each hardscape layout is excellent in its own right.
Cheers George,
I've always been a fan of your work :thumbup:
From the superb photo there doesn't seem to be much room for plants in the left and centre tanks - or are you using moss?
Yes, lots of moss :D
What lighting will you be using?
If it's length of fluorescent spanning all 3 tanks then I'm sure you realise that the PAR over the centre tank will be much higher than the edge tanks so your plant choice, CO2, nutrients etc. may need to be appropriately different.
I have 4x24wattT5, still waiting for the fixture to be handcrafted.
You are making a very good point, i will swap the middle and the right one, also will start with little dosage and slowly increase

These look great Juri, each cube scape is vey strong.....very nice indeed! Am interested to see how these invitro scapes turn out, I really like using cup plants and I'm a big fan of them. What size are the tanks? Also how's your new website coming on?

Cheers Ben

B7fec said:
What size are the tanks? Also how's your new website coming on?

Hi Ben,
these are 20 Liter tanks with curved Edges in the back. New website will be soon online ;)

Here a detail shot of the HOB Filter, I kind of love the clean look and the transparent housing gives a look inside so you can see the water movement and when its time to for maintenance :lol:

3NIAR-4.jpg

Jur4ik where did you get those filters, they would be perfect for the tank im going to be setting up next. could you send me the url?

Cheers!

flyingfish said:
could you send me the url?
Cheers bud, PM send

I rearranged the tanks as George pointed to a very important fact of higher illumination over the center tank.
The Invitro tank will be full of stems and fast growing plants so it will take place in the middle.
More pics tonight :wave:

George Farmer said:
If it's length of fluorescent spanning all 3 tanks then I'm sure you realise that the PAR over the centre tank will be much higher than the edge tanks

bigmatt said:
you can pick up similar filters on ebay from All Pond Solutions for 9 quid posted - obviously a generic chinese build but very good for the price! M

There are plenty HOB filters and I've tested many of them, but this one is the only one that is quiet and you can really take into parts for cleaning.

I have now decided which plants to use
1.Moss on wood, Lilaeopsis carpet, H.micrantemoides in the rear corners and C.Wendtii tropica in the middle background
2.Elatine Hydropiper as for carpet around the stones, some moss between the rocks and Acicularis in the middle background
3. like the following planting map from Maciek

1_30x30cm.jpg

the tanks look really good with the new setup jur4ik and those filters look quality. Nice that you can use one light for all of them :) Looking forward to seeing them planted and hope the Elatine Hydropiper grows well as I havent seen it used much

Back