• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Helloes from Denmark

AndersH

I just thought I'd introduce myself after lurking on the forums for a bit.

My name is Anders and I live just north of Copenhagen in Denmark.

My interest for aquariums started when I was about 4 or 5 years old, with my parents aquarium. Or well, it's probably a bit of an overstatement, but I look back at that aquarium and think of it as amazing though its 20 years ago.

3 years ago I got my own aquarium for the first time. A 60 ltr starter set, with just a terrible coloured substrate of large sized gravel, a root and some random plants. Didn't know much back then other than that I wanted an aquarium. SAfe to say it went pretty bad. I was unconsistent with waterchanges and only dosed some random ferts now and then. I then hed to start over.

1,5 years ago i moved to a larger 128 ltr aquarium, with a lot more knowledge of what I wanted in it. Safe to say, that I surely didn't know enough to make what I wanted, and I didn't really have a clearcut plan. A big mistake, but you gotta learn somehow. The plants are gowning well with 50% wc everyweek, and dosing ferts EI, with dry salts im mixing myself. Only thing is that I got so little light that everything is growing very slow. But then again, I can thank the low light to save me from an algae disaster with my unstable DIY yeast co2 mix. It's being change at wc but the nature of yeast mixes makes them all but reliant and consistent.

I'm now in progress of collection gear for a 250 ltr optiwhite naturestyle aquarium. I saw one of the UKAPS members IALPC entries of 2010, and just thought HOLY S#@T, I've gotta get me something similar. I've gotten a new filter (Tetratec EX1200), and I'm waiting for my parts for my presurized co2 set to arrive. Next month, if everthing goes well, I'll get me a 6x39W ATI Sunpower with Dimmcomputer. Over the summer I'm moving away for a year but at the new place I'll collect the cash for the tank.

I think thats my story told in a short form. Cheers for now, and cya on the forums.

Best regards,

Anders

Hej Anders, og velkommen til UKaps :)
I can see you already added yourself to the map. Feels a bit less lonely already...

Back