• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sat April 30th, meet @ a1Matts house

That's a shame guys :(

I've looked through the thread and if everyone brings what they mentioned for scaping supplies we are all set there.

So it is just a case of posting up what food people want to bring now.
I fancy making some salads (probably a cous cous\olives one, and a potato\mayo one)
If a couple of members bring something meaty, and maybe another brings something sweet, then we're all set.

By the way, I mentioned eating in the garden, and the forecast looks like it might just be warm enough to do this.
If we do, it will just be eating the food in the garden, not cooking in it (as I do not own a BBQ).

Sounds good Matt :) I'll have to raid the supermarket for bits and bobs but I'll bring something!

By the way, has anyone got any cherry shrimp to sell on the day? I'm after a group of 10 or 20 :)

You can just pinch some of Matts shrimps. However his wild strains are hard to spot :p

SteveUK said:
You distract him Rik, and I'll get the shrimp net out! :lol:

Me too, will help with a distration.

I will bring some of the BBQ staple food :
Pringles(Ready Salted + Sour Cream)
Meat (sausages + burgers)
Sauces (Heera - Thai sweet Chilli, Mayo, Burger Sauce)
Veggie Burgers

My poor shrimps don't stand a chance :lol:

Wow, that's plenty of food :)
Makes me wish I owned a BBQ!

I'm not a keen outdoor gardener (the sneezing, wheezing and itching puts me off :( ), but I'll be heading out into the garden shortly for an afternoon of torture so that it is presentable for you all tomorrow.

cannot wait, just need to load up the boot of the car with all the supplies and get the meat in the morning.

We just finished the meet.

For those that missed it, you really did miss out on a nice afternoon with some great goodies being given away.
I got armfuls... a free tank, wabi kusa bowl, light, filter, numerous gravels and substratey bits (shingle,slate,etc) :wideyed:

and of course we had a good feed up as always too. (Weather was nice so we sat in the garden.)

followed by a guided tour of my tanks, which is starting to take some time these days :oops:

The scape off was good fun too. I think my attempt was pretty appalling, but I really enjoyed seeing what everyone came up with. I was surprised that considering we were using the same materials how different each scape came out. Pics to follow...

aaah....sounds like a good day was had and of course I wish I could of been there to join in.....looking forward to seeing the pics :)

Excellent. Matt is a good host and it was good to see him put together a Moss musuem :)

Its about time.

Was a shame you could not make it mate.
There will be plenty more meets :)

Thanks for being a great host as always Matt :) I'm sorting photos out now, and I'll get the poll setup to decide the winner of the mini scape-off. I'll try to think of a little prize instead of the hardscape give-away ;)

Many thanks for being a great host yesterday, got home around 945pm. and was so knackered.
Really enjoyed the day, was shame not many people turned up. but at the same time was nice with only a few of us.
I still cannot get over that stunning peice of wood, If he ever offers you anything like that again, I must have a peice. something like that comes around once in a blue moon.
Your vase got us talking alot and the hygrophilia looked great flowering.
your dedication to growing moss is exceptional and very inspiring.

Again thanks for a great day, and we must do it again @ either steves or mine.

Thanks guys.

I'd love to come up to yours or Steves :thumbup:

I had exactly the same thoughts about the low turnout, of all the meets I have done this was the lowest turn out yet. It did make the food prep a lot easier though :lol:

sorry i never came matt, didnt realise that the essex open BJJ compitition was on the 30th also and i had booked and paid for it :(

sounds like a good time was had, all i got from my saturday was aggravate couli ear haha

Finally got back to Blackpool after a hectic weekend trip in London. Thanks matt for the lovely invitation. I'm still combating my urge to expand my aquascaping accessories at the moment knowing very well that I can't afford to. Lol. Steve, how's the pic coming along? ?will it be posted on this blog or will it be another another post? ?

Poll here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15827

Some photos from the day (I won't link to any that give away the scaping contest!):

5687769261_f2f2ceafab_z.jpg

5688339916_d4434c8851_z.jpg

5688341876_91e914b8b9_z.jpg

5687773705_8926368d19_z.jpg

5688345158_71c745488e_z.jpg

5687780287_d85195db25_z.jpg

5687777975_94b1c62caa_z.jpg

Back