• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help!

Zerocon

Yesterday headed down to Kesgrave Aquatics and I wanted to pick out some Cherries (medium-large size), Blue Rams and Cardinals.
Due to the CS being expensive, not red and very tiny I didn't buy any, but I bought 2 Male Blue Rams and 2 Amano shrimp and some Anubias Nana.

I was told Blue Rams would do well with 2 Dwarf Gourami (1m and 1f) in a 20gal with plenty of hiding spots.
This info was very , very wrong. My Gourami are constantly attacking my Rams, I don't have any access to any silicon or stones fit to make a cave.

Should I move my Gourami to my old 30 Litre tank? Using water from my current tank? Should I take them to a LFS in town? How would I transport these without a car? Bus ride is 40 mins......

I'm worried these guys will all kill each-other,and my Grandma bought me the fish, so she'll be pissed because some of them are dead/gone...

Gahh

setting up your second tank sounds like the first step mate. then at least the fish are safe and it gives you time to think. maybe phone the store you brought them from and tell them you will be bringing them back when you have transport.

Zerocon said:
I was told Blue Rams would do well with 2 Dwarf Gourami (1m and 1f) in a 20gal with plenty of hiding spots.
This info was very , very wrong.

Not necessarily, but you can't always generalize with fish. I kept Rams and Gouramis together for a long time. Do you really have plenty of hiding spots? You need plenty of broken lines of sight, not just the odd hiding place.

Oh right, I don't have lots of broken lines of sight!
Sorry if I sound like a noob, I never thought it could become so addictive!

I'm going to set-up the new tank, with some tacky aquarium ornaments and wood to block sight and keep things calm for the 2 Gourami, then i'll ask my Dad to drive me up to Viking Aquatics soon...

Back