• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is this a lime-green DC?

gmartins

Hi guys,

as per title, really.

p1010019kf.jpg

It's using 4kh water.

cheers,

GM

hi corki,

Can't really see it. Too small. Can you post a large pic or perhaps the link?

cheers,

G

Looks it to me, if the fish are fine and there's no algae you're sailing, drop checkers are nothing more than a guide.

Hi Garuf,

thanks. I've no fish yet. This as started as a dry-start and just immersed last weekend. Got some BGA owing to too much moisture in the substrate during the dry period.

thanks corki,

cheers, GM

BGA is easy to kill luckily, either add a massive dose to bring phosphates up to around 80ppm or do a black out for 3-4days.

Hi,

80 ppm? I can do that. What about afterwards. Resume with normal EI, 50% WC???

Big water changes and normal dosing, It's a1Matts invention so hopefull he'll chime in, I used it recently to kill some bga and it works a charm, I did a 100% wc afterwards I didn't have live stock either.

Its the nitrates you want to increase, not the phosphates! You should start to see an effect within 3 days, and it may take longer to shift completely.

I got the idea from Chris (ceejay) ;)

Afterwards just resume normal dosing, but be aware that BGA only occured in the first place because there were no nitrates in the tank. So if it comes back that is the tank telling you to up your standard nitrate dosing level.

hi guys thanks,

it appeared during the dry start period and I am using inert substrate hence the low nitrates. Will do as suggested. Thanks for the tips.

just confirming. I only want to increase nitrates right? I'm just asking cause a I have a solution with both KNO2 and KH2PO4. Is this ok or should I just add the KNO3 seperately? I got as dry salt so I can use both really.

Garuf said:
BGA is easy to kill luckily, either add a massive dose to bring phosphates up to around 80ppm or do a black out for 3-4days.
:?
a1Matt said:
Its the nitrates you want to increase, not the phosphates! You should start to see an effect within 3 days, and it may take longer to shift completely.

I got the idea from Chris (ceejay)
Well done Matt :D
I thought I misread that for a minute ;)
gmartins said:
just confirming. I only want to increase nitrates right? I'm just asking cause a I have a solution with both KNO2 and KH2PO4. Is this ok or should I just add the KNO3 seperately? I got as dry salt so I can use both really.
You can either up your dose (which ups everything), or just stick a spoonful of KNO3 in the tank. Either will work :D

Back