• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

'Blue Sky' Iwagumi ...overgrown

Re: New journal, sneaky peek.

I'm really keen to see how the new plant will develop and look in the foreground :)
Hi Antoni! I'll be trimming them in an organised manner i think...manicured almost. I just feel this would suit the overall look.

This is what I was imagine will be complimenting the scape at most :thumbup: Cant wait to see!

Antoni said:
This is what I was imagine will be complimenting the scape at most Cant wait to see!

Cheers mate. I'm looking forward to getting scissor happy again. Kinda miss it.

RESULT!!!!... I've just trained the wife into doing W/C everyday this week! :p AWESOME. i'm much more at ease, in the knowledge they'll get done.

Here's the 7 seven day report.

I've not seen it all week, but left instruction with a very well trained Russian wife ;) ...the girl did good! :p

Water changes, ferts...no probs!

Using ADA substrate system, Tropica plants and fertiliser, seems to be a perfect match. I've not had a start like this to a tank for such a long time.

Here's the planting day pic.

fts-9.jpg

And here's as it is when i got home from working away.

-7-days.jpg

I now have glass ware which should arrive in a week or so. so PLAESE IGNORE the plumbing! :D

Re: 'Blue Sky' Iwagumi @ 7 days

George Farmer said:
Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh soon!

kettles already on :lol:

Tom said:
How much Tropica are you dosing?

I'm not fully sure why, but I've heard a mixture of both TPN and TPN+ can be effective. I'm...or rather my better half, is dosing 5 ml of each on W/C days. followed by 3 ml of a strong mix of liquid carbon.

I bought some concentrate of the chemical that's in easycarbo, and mad my own, slightly stronger mix.

One other change for me in this tank, is the spray bar. Diffusion, and movement of water seems to be much better...a leaf out of cegs book i guess. :shh:

If i get a 'proper' chance I'll take some images with flash, and no plumbing. 8)

Looks like I'll be getting the scissors out sooner than i thought too.

when is the book coming out?

with all the amazing tanks you setup up one after the other, you should put out a book like amano!

Jesus thats got to be a record for growing in a tank in 7 days,

Amazing,
John

wearsbunnyslippers said:
when is the book coming out?

with all the amazing tanks you setup up one after the other, you should put out a book like amano!

Another 20 years, and i might :lol: ...not good enough just yet.

john starkey said:
Jesus thats got to be a record for growing in a tank in 7 days,

Amazing,

I'm a tad surprised at the speed john. There's been no melt what so ever from the HC

A few trims, and the over all look should improve.

'Blue Sky' Iwagumi @ 7 days

Mark Evans said:
One other change for me in this tank, is the spray bar. Diffusion, and movement of water seems to be much better...a leaf out of cegs book i guess. :shh:

This is interesting - keen to hear how moving to glassware changes this. How much surface movement are you getting with a spraybar - just the odd ripple or a 'mound' of water?

My 'see through' tank challenge http://ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15878

mikeappleby said:
This is interesting - keen to hear how moving to glassware changes this. How much surface movement are you getting with a spraybar - just the odd ripple or a 'mound' of water?

It's like a soft ripple. More even than with a spray bar. I might even save the lillys for the 120cm.

Antoni said:
What a improvement in just 7 days! That is great!

Cheers Antoni. :thumbup:

here's a comparison.

7-days.jpg

and water change time... directly from the tap.

wc.jpg

aye up i think we should be giving Mrs Mark some credit here!

Well done Mrs Mark.

Thats gonna be fully grown in by next week!

ianho said:
aye up i think we should be giving Mrs Mark some credit here!

Well done Mrs Mark.

I've passed the message on :lol:

I'll just add, the lighting period whilst i'm away is just 5 hours per day.

Hehe, be carefull ;)
Otherwise you risk being not allowed to get hands on your tank if she enjoys it too much 8) and you stay away for long.
Will be like, 'you know darling, get your on scape' :shh: :D
Another star is rising?

blinkin eck, thats a lot of growth in a short space of time and is looking great!

Is the new Ranunculus inundatus from tropica different to the one anubias do in the cups? Im asking as i have some in my tank but it grew super big so im just wondering if the tropica one is different and maybe a dwarf version? Either that or your managing to keep it small with trimming which ive not tried on mine as it didnt grow too well in the 90cm :(

I can't believe the amount of growth in just 7days! I really don't understand haha.

5ml each of tpn and tpn plus over a 7 day period?
I wasn't sure if tpn could be dosed a week at a time, I have a bottle with no instructions :/

Piece-of-fish said:
Will be like, 'you know darling, get your on scape'

it'll never get that far Ed :lol: ...i hope :shifty:

stuworrall said:
Im asking as i have some in my tank but it grew super big so im just wondering if the tropica one is different and maybe a dwarf version?

I'm cant be 100% sure. Maybe Tropica have modified it a little. I can ask.

This version has settled in wonderfully. There's the odd tall stem, but many smaller ones also. signs of horizontal growth to. I'll be trimming off taller stems sometime soon.

rununculus.jpg

nayr88 said:
I can't believe the amount of growth in just 7days! I really don't understand haha.

If i'm honest, i cant neither. I take mental pics in my head of a night time, and this morning, you can see physically how the plants have grown over night. roots on stems, grass where there was no grass...stuff like that.

I'm in no doubt this is only one week old, and i have the early startup issues to contend with, so i'm not kidding myself just yet. But if it runs like 'Autumn Blush' did, i should be OK.

Back