• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help - Crypt ID please

greenjar

Hi all

I am hoping that a member could help me identify this plant please

I suspect its a crypt of some type. It was one of those impulse buys from the local lfs where no salesperson can tell you what is is - you know the story :)

Some pointers are;

- seems to stay low, around 8cm
- seems very slow growing even by Crypt standards
- leaves are a lightish green with a sort of "vein" type patterning - In the tank the leaves are matt rather than shiny
- new leaves have redish underside
- upper leave surface have visible "pores"

Any help to ID these would be appreciated - Thanks :)

Some photo's

crypt1.jpg

crypt2.jpg

before I seperated into plantlets, they were all growing from from a horizontal rhizome like in the sketch. You can see a piece of the rhizome in the top left pic of the plantlets.

p1050104xo.jpg

I would suggst it is Crypt pontederifolia. You'll find growth is slow to start with and then speeds up (a little, it is a crypt afterall) Once settled though it will grow to about a foot in height so it is worth keeping that in mind with regard to placement or be prepared to relocate it as it grows taller. Here's a link to photos of the plant http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=crypto ... 83&bih=577

Hope this helps

Andy

Thank you Andy :) and all responders above to

I'm with Andy on this one - just got to be Crypt Pontederifilia :)

Back