• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

'Blue Sky' Iwagumi ...overgrown

Re: 'Blue Sky' Iwagumi @ 7 days

7 days in what wouldve taken me weeks! I think the liquid carbon is playing a role in the HC growth. Its like steroids for HC.

flygja said:
I think the liquid carbon is playing a role in the HC growth. Its like steroids for HC.

Good point. There's so many variables that have changed compared to other tanks I've done, i cant quite nail which one it is, or maybe it's the combination of all of them.

Tony Swinney said:
the ranunculus is lovely isn't it

it is indeed. I can see this working in so many ways, in so many styles of tank.

Tony Swinney said:
Are you using Toni's ferts on this one ?

No mate. As this is for Tropica, i'm using their TPN and TPN+ :thumbup:

Looking real good,Mark even Mrs Evans seems to have the magic green thumbs as well :D Trouble I think now is that you're not challenged anymore and that you NEED to 'scape a 8' tank, and the funny thing is I happen to have such a tank that needs such magic at my gaff :woot: .I'm starting to see a solution , are you? :lol:
Seriously really liking this tank and thinking I might steal some of your ideas even if I can't get your choice of plants

mrjackdempsey said:
Trouble I think now is that you're not challenged anymore and that you NEED to 'scape a 8' tank, and the funny thing is I happen to have such a tank that needs such magic at my gaff

book the tickets, and I'll pack my bags :lol:

I've just had the company of George, Dan and mr Starkey. talking cameras and stuff.

George, very kindly gave my Dan one of his RAF hats. to say Dan was made up was an understatement.

he's now with his mate wearing it.

dan-5.jpg

Wow Mark, what a beaut! The growth is really.....really great for 7 days, that has to be the quickest growth I've ever seen in such a short amount of time, as George said, you can't really beat Tropicas ferts, my last setup benefitted from them.

As for the Ranunculus, it looks like a real nice plant, how's it covering the bottom? And will it blend in with the foreground Hc? Or are you going to keep trimming it so that it doesn't merge with it?

Last thing Mark, what's this strong liquid carbon mix?? Sounds interesting....... Is it something that could be dosed when the tank has live stock in it?

I've now seen this beauty in the flesh, and enjoyed the company of fellow UKAPS crew, Mark Evans, John Starkey and Dan Crawford. I also had lots of fun playing sword fights with Mark's 6 year-old son, Daniel! :D

The growth is amazing and so healthy-looking; a real testament to the effective combination of Tropica and ADA products, as well as decent running gear and maintenance.

I'm certain this will grow into another great 'scape, and really look forward to seeing how it transforms over the coming weeks.

Here's John admiring Mark's (on left) creation. John's almost convinced himself he only needs a 60cm for his next set-up...
5719479630_afed37e114.jpg

sanj said:
Whats going on with Marks face....experimenting with moss?

i need a shave :lol:

George Farmer said:
I also had lots of fun playing sword fights with Mark's 6 year-old son, Daniel!

he now has a new hero :p

George Farmer said:
The growth is amazing and so healthy-looking; a real testament to the effective combination of Tropica and ADA products, as well as decent running gear and maintenance.

Thanks George. Good gear always helps.

Foe me, getting to play with all of Johns lenses was great. not a crap one in site. L series heaven.

8-days.jpg

I really cant believe i'm saying this, but tomorrow shall see the first trim...after 8 days o_O

8 days and a trim....I'm not reading this any more haha. Its devastating!! Haha

Quality shots mate, the rock looks so dark compared to the landscape stone I have, it this ada stuff? Or just the standard stuff that's It most LFS?

It could be the intense lighting creating shadows. I also shoot with a lot of contrast.

Here's the forst full tank shot, with no equipment.

Everything is 'scragy' but with time and trimming it'll become more organised...fingers crossed.

8-daysjpg-copy.jpg

Re: 'Blue Sky' Iwagumi @ 8 days full tank shot

As George has said,i had a nice few hours at Mark,s it was great to see George and Dan,and mark and his lovely wife Natalia and his charming little lad Daniel,this scape is just amazing,and to think it,s just 7days old :crazy: ,

quality mate,
john.

George Farmer said:
Here's John admiring Mark's (on left) creation. John's almost convinced himself he only needs a 60cm for his next set-up...
5719479630_afed37e114.jpg

Mark, you look like Derren Brown! He's been hypnotizing those plants into growing! 8)

Zerocon said:
Mark, you look like Derren Brown

It's a shame i didn't have his skills!...I'd be convincing the wife she needs more tanks :lol:

john starkey said:
and his lovely wife Natalia and his charming little lad Daniel,this scape is just amazing

cheers john. Natts your biggest fan mate! well impressed with the 'shoes' thing ;)

And George is Dan's hero...and me? well.....D Crawford's my hero :lol:

The only real issue i have is a slight tanning from AS/powersand. it's getting better with every water change though.

Looking real good, Mark.Do you fancy trying to smuggle in with the Queen's luggage on Tuesday and sorting out my tank?
  • :lol:

Antoni said:
Lol I cant in anyway agree that this tank is only one week old, that is crazy

I've the wife to thank...she's the secret :shh:

mrjackdempsey said:
Mark.Do you fancy trying to smuggle in with the Queen's luggage on Tuesday and sorting out my tank?

provide the Irish whisky, and i shall try :lol:

Back