• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Low tech lily bowl

I saw it too, but i swear it said it was 30 litres and this isnt 30 litres?

I think it looks amazing :thumbup:

ohh, mate that is fantastic! right, im now going to look on ebay for a classic glass fish bowl and get one set up like this for my bedroom.
i think i might be allowed to have another tank in the house lol, (only the bathroom left now lol) :lol:

Hi,

Thanks for all the comments, I hope it inspired some people to set up their own!

Sorry I neglected the thread for so long, I now live in Australia and the bowl is no longer set up :(

I did put it on AQ briefly to see if anyone wanted to take it over, but ran out of time so I gave the fish and shrimps to a friend and left the tank with my mum. She kept it going for a while, but not being an aquarist she gave up after a while and cleaned it out!

A couple of people asked what the filter was, I can't remember the exact one but it was a small internal sponge filter (fluval 1 perhaps) with a loop of rubber over the output to diffuse the flow. The main moss bank is actually growing off the filter itself, thats how its hidden :D
I tied java moss onto the filter with black thread, and within a month it was covered - this arrangement means you can lift out the filter and the main body of moss at once, handy for cleaning and pruning.

I'm now planning my new aquarium here in Oz, i've found a large elliptical bowl and thinking about LED spotlight and maybe an unfiltered setup... Lots of reading UKAPS topics for research!

Loved this Bowl and had been wondering what had happened to it.
I guessed it was in Internal and an Ingenious way of covering it up.

I have one started aswell with my daphnia, Using the Plants from A1matts meet. Have not added a filter as yet, but might

Back