• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Inline diffusers??

i've actually had one of these for a bit and i'm not happy with the fizzy bottle look of my tank. going to continue with looking for an inline reactor.

hijac said:
i've actually had one of these for a bit and i'm not happy with the fizzy bottle look of my tank. going to continue with looking for an inline reactor.
Thats the reason I ended up giving my Up Atomizer away and purchasing an Aquamedic 1000 reactor, I am thinking about placing one of the online atomizers before the Aquamedic Reactor so that the bubbles entering the Aquamedic are tiny and dissolve quicker, but then again I am a little crazy! lol

LondonDragon said:
hijac said:
Thats the reason I ended up giving my Up Atomizer away and purchasing an Aquamedic 1000 reactor, I am thinking about placing one of the online atomizers before the Aquamedic Reactor so that the bubbles entering the Aquamedic are tiny and dissolve quicker, but then again I am a little crazy! lol

exactly what i've been pondering for the last 20 minutes. :lol:

My UP atomizer makes a slight hissing noise. My drop checker is a nice lime green and there's a fine mist of bubbles coming from the spray bar. Is this normal? All the connections are nice and tight.

murph said:
My UP atomizer makes a slight hissing noise. My drop checker is a nice lime green and there's a fine mist of bubbles coming from the spray bar. Is this normal? All the connections are nice and tight.

mine hisses too... It's normal for me :thumbup:

Chris

i am also giving up on Up :D used this on my large tank for a month or so, but makes the whole impression bad with all the floating bubbles and the extreme lot bubbles on plants. mosses looks really bad sometime i can't see the green color of it. looks like a bubbletree :D

CO2 level is on top on this tank, but not worth what it does with the look.

New UP CO2 Inline Diffuser 16mm - the verdict

Just bought one of these and I'm very impressed. It's a small unobtrusive unit. Bought this as I have a Fluval 405 system and was using another type of inline diffuser but had some scares with the tubing coming lose and water leaking. Have to say this is the best I've come across. It locks all hosing in place with plastic locking nuts, so there is no chance that your hosing will ever slip off, even the CO2 inlet hose. The co2 comes out as a very fine mist. I use a Fluval spray bar kit for my 405 system. The CO2 comes out as a fine mist. Very beautiful effect and very good diffusion. A 5 star product. I found that you will need to increase the pressure to unseat the valve for this product. On my previous diffusers I had the CO2 pressure set to 1 bar. For this to perform nicely I had to increase from 1 to 2 bar and open the needle valve more. All in all highly recommended.

Liking the hose locks, no leaks and very secure fit. the 16mm is perfect if you have a Fluval 305/405 canister filter. I use the Fluval spray bar kit for my 405 system. This device will not work with a DIY co2 system due to the high pressure required to unseat the diffuser valve. I give it 5 stars out of 5 as it's the best diffuser I've used.

There are two versions of this both produce a mist as supposed to the small bubbles you get with other co2 diffusers. Namely the UP CO2 Inline Diffuser and Easy Aqua Super Mist Atomiser

Back