• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA Mini M - Rescape V3

Hi victor
Love the scape looks fantastic
Just a quick question
Does that form of hydrocotyale stay low growing ? Or will it eventually get higher like verticulater( not sure of the spelling sorry )
Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B7fec said:
Fair enough Victor, mind I wasn't on about just ADA products, you have some products in the shop that are not available in here in the UK. Anyway enough said, I look forward to scape updates!

thank you mate for your understanding

George Farmer said:
Wonderful little 'scape, Viktor!
I really like the textures and can see this evolving into something very special indeed.
Thanks for sharing mate. :thumbup:

Thank you George. :thumbup: Well i could not hide the fact that your latest scape pushed me to use sand.
And after Mark's latest hydro theme i wanted to use martima on one of our scapes. :D

mdhardy01 said:
Hi victor
Love the scape looks fantastic
Just a quick question
Does that form of hydrocotyale stay low growing ? Or will it eventually get higher like verticulater( not sure of the spelling sorry )
Matt

Hi Matt, this is hydrocotyle sibthorpioides (martima) which stays low. hydrocotyle verticillata is the one which grows vertically. martima is much nicer and can be used without beeing too highlighted in your tank.

Thanks guys for the nice feedbacks. Will keep you updated in the following months. :thumbup:

May 7th status.

5696327942_fabfea5baa_b.jpg

5696326338_18960f9115_b.jpg

There are no algae in this tank which is pretty good!

Just like on our other tanks we're using colder soft water here. By now we do weekly water changes.

No maintenance required in the first month. :thumbup:
But we have to use the scissors in the following weeks i guess. :D

flygja said:
From now on I shall call you Mr Clean. All your scapes are so nice and clean!

:D i may will add my face to one of the cleaning product campaign then :lol:
Thanks for the nice words. :thumbup:

Tom said:
Looking good Viktor, you are a genius.

Thanks mate :thumbup:

Tom said:
Do you find this to have an advantage over harder water? Do you use RO then, or is your tap soft?

Using RO all the way currently. Plants looks nicer some of them grows quicker too. Shrimps fishes do breed in these planted tanks so the healthiness in overall of the tank is better. Part of this is the maintenance of course, but the advance of the soft water is clearly visible.

Bobtastic said:
Hi Viktor, can you confirm that you do water changes using cold water? What sort of % do you change out on each change and to you continue using cold water when you have fauna in there?

The RO is hooked up to the cold tap water source. So the barell is low on temp with the RO. Around 15-18 celsius i would say, and we're not heating up as we do not have time and the barell holds like 500 liter water at a time.

Cureently we're doing 30-40% water changes.

The tanks temp is around 22/24 celsius which drops to 20-21 at changes approx. I do not see negative effect on the fishes and shrimps. Some plants shows that they love the colder fresh water like HC. CRS shrimps love the colder water too when the temp reduced from 24/25 they do better.

We never had problems with the colder water changes. And if i build a new tank at home i would target the temp around 21/24 for sure. Unfortunatelly this is not possible sometimes at home as the room temp is warmer then a shop sometimes.

this nano is growing in so well, really inspiring viktor i know ive said it before but ive come back 3 or 4 times to look at those updated pics, haha

looks cool man

Not so much visible thing going on. The tank goes without any issue. :D So just ferts daily with weekly changes. Around a month old now.

Added in a few new mosses like willow, fissidens, riccardia. Throwed in a few bits of Anubias Petite too.

May need to remove the Anubias Nana, that was the initial plan too, but i kept it in to see if this can work with the rest of the scape.

5734640844_a240c3a879_b.jpg

:thumbup: :angelic:

Not updated this tank for a while. As i see already 3 month old. Wow.

Well here is a quick update:

The plants grow in nicely. A little maintenance is needed now, trimming etc. Have some hair algae there, probably because the light hours and the CO2 is not set correctly. Will fix it.

The plants are not that superhealthy great what i see in our other tanks. Maybe the tube in the lighting unit is old. Will check what happens if i replace them.

In the meantime, here is a shot which i did today. Hope it's not that bad. :crazy: ;)
No fish yet, just a few shrimps.

5966394785_1f0a13da5d_b.jpg

Still looks amazing....the scape is really really good....hopefully you get to the bottom of your problems soon!....still looks perfect to me though.

Viktor, how about an update for this one? :)

I really like this tank. I am thinking about similar plants lately, being a bit tired of trimming stems all the time and seeing the melted bottom parts.

New pics please !!!

schraptor said:
Viktor, how about an update for this one? :)

I really like this tank. I am thinking about similar plants lately, being a bit tired of trimming stems all the time and seeing the melted bottom parts.

New pics please !!!

Cheers my friend :D
Well the tank had lot of progress in the past months, but was a bit neglected as we focused more on the large ones.
The plan was to have it ready for the AGA, but i am not that happy about the actual phase.

Some plants a bit overgrown, some i removed. The last changes was to remove Hydro Martima and replace that with Hydro Sp., also a Crypto added in for red/brown color.

The mosses has a bit of algae on it. I shot this today after the regular maintenance task.
The left side is not that good. Will see what i can do in the next days before i shoot the AGA photos.

6168770813_27003dc98d_b.jpg

that is a very nice little tank the wood is a really nice shape and because of the open top makes it look even better. what mosses are in there ?

Back