• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

'Blue Sky' Iwagumi ...overgrown

Re: 'Blue Sky' Iwagumi @ 2 weeks with ADA lighting

Looks so good! I am really looking forward to seeing this journal progress!
Everyone at UKAPS is so nice and helpful, it really inspires me to save up and get scaping! :D

(soppy moment over :lol: )

stuworrall said:
Is that 5ml TPN and 5ml TPN+ or a 5ml mixture of the two?
Zerocon said:
Looks so good! I am really looking forward to seeing this journal progress!
Everyone at UKAPS is so nice and helpful, it really inspires me to save up and get scaping!

Cheers mate. UKAPS is a good place to be.

faizal said:
Someday I wish I could grow plants atleast half as good as you. It's truly an amzing looking tank there.

Again, thanks :thumbup: stick to a regime, and dont tincker around, you should be OK.

stuworrall said:

5 ml of both, everyday Stu.

Everything i'm doing in this setup goes against the grain for me. In some respects, i guess, this is 'lean' dosing, but then i have the nutrient rich substrate in the form of AS and powersand S

I've taken the flash out today. here's a randomly fired shot...cables in the way :lol: untidy me

geared-up.jpg

Rununculus is doing great, and i'm finding runners developing in amongst the HC. tonight, I'll trim everything up.

Looking great!

Such speedy growth. Reminds me of my first 60cm iwagumi a couple of years ago when I used the full ADA system - full carpet of HC/hairgrass from just a few pots in 4 weeks.

Mark Evans said:
stuworrall said:

5 ml of both, everyday Stu... i guess, this is 'lean' dosing,
I wouldn't say lean really. Your dosing 14x the Tropica instructions.

NPK may be relatively lean compared with EI, but as you say, the ADA substrate system is more than capable of making up any deficiencies.

I'll be dosing similar in my next 60cm layout with inert substrate.

Nice UWA, by the way. :)

Thats it then by the time you come home next week it will be all over, grown in job done, (thanks to Nat :lol: ),right whats next Mark, :thumbup: ? :lol: :lol: ,

only joking mate,great as always ,to be honest i am just speechless at the speed of this setup :crazy:

john.

john starkey said:
Thats it then by the time you come home next week it will be all over, grown in job done, (thanks to Nat ),right whats next Mark, ? ,

:lol:

George Farmer said:
Nice UWA, by the way.

cheers George.

The last shot for this weekend

uwa.jpg

Great shots, I like better the UWA!

Can't believe the speed of this tank. If Mrs. Evans keep the tempo, you might be able to get another setup ready, before the deadline for IAPLC! :D

Astonishing job!

Come on Mark, with this speed of plant growth, tomorrow you will have something new to show us! :lol:

Piece-of-fish said:
Come on, its just early Saturday

Antoni said:
Come on Mark, with this speed of plant growth, tomorrow you will have something new to show us!

:lol: ...i got something now.

Trim time! The first one, and many to follow.

I not gone too mad on HC, I just like to take the stray bit's out at first.

I've thinned the grass just a tad, cut off tall rununculus, and trimmed the stems, apart from Proserpinaca palustris ''Cuba'' , which needs much needed light.

trim-1-2.jpg

Hopefully, you can see the plan for the stems at the back. :thumbup:

Re: 'Blue Sky' Iwagumi @ 2 weeks First trim

Yeah, clear acrylic eductors. ;)

Well ill trade you.... A......scotch egg!

Piece-of-fish said:
Are you developing Jets guys?

Rocket propelled tanks mate...the future!

Oh no! :wideyed: i found a bit if algae on my stone! where's the toothbrush :lol:

I need some help with fish choice.

I think platinum tetras would be a good choice.

A single species, tight shoaling...what do you reckon would work in here?

blue-4.jpg

What about a good shoal of Aplocheilichtys normani? I think they would fit your scape nicely...
Tank is looking great BTW. :thumbup:

Lovely scape Mark :thumbup:

Just read that Pallustris Cuba is not going well. Maybe this is too early for this plant or just not enough the light. We also had problems earlier on this scape:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/viktorlant ... hotostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/viktorlant ... hotostream
As we had the ATI light unit too high form the surface. Since algae ages are the past, we moved down the light close to the surface and the plant become a real beauty. Looked good ealrier too, but without nice colors. Could be the same with the Solar unit, which is less strong than the ATI T5 we used.

As a personal note for this smaller tank Pallustris will be too large maybe. Smaller leaf plants would work better for this size like ludwigia arcuata, didiplis diandra, rotala wallichii.

I love this new plant on the foreground. :thumbup: Looking forward to the fish selection. Quality work mate :angelic:

cheers viktor.

The Pallustris Cuba is much slower than the other stems. Looks nice, but still green. It's too early to tell just yet.

Pallustris-Cuba.jpg

With regards to size, a well timed trim should encourage smaller growth, and to get the timing just right for final images :thumbup:

If i were at home, I'd lower the light, but it's just too risky. As good as the wife is, if something spirals out of control, i cant correct the issue. o_O

Back