• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where are all the Girls??

Do you have a FooFoo or a PeePee?

• I have a PeePee because im male

Votes: 46 83.6%
  • I have a FooFoo because im a lady...well female anyway.

Votes: 9 16.4%

• Total voters
Mark Evans said:
believe me, i dont get half the science in this hobby, and dont care much for it either. :lol:
that makes two of us, just throw in a bit of this and a bit of that, if it doesn't work add a bit more of this and that and it should work lol

There was an article in a paper (forget what one, maybe Observer? Sunday papers, was at me mum's house) that made me a bit angry. Was about all these super pricey tanks, including planted tanks, and how it's almost exclusively for men. I was reading it and shouting at it at the same time! There are girls working in my local MA. There are a (few) girls on this forum and on all other aquatics forums.

I guess it's the same with horse riding, gets seen as being a girly sport (despite many of the top riders/breeders/trainers being male).

I am a bloke but my wife thinks i should be a girl,because i spend like one,she call's me johnny want want :lol: :lol: :thumbup:,mind you some of the guys i have met on here act like girl's.

ONY JOKING GUY'S :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

john starkey said:
I am a bloke but my wife thinks i should be a girl,because i spend like one,she call's me johnny want want :lol: :lol: :thumbup:,mind you some of the guys i have met on here act like girl's.

ONY JOKING GUY'S :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Its the twinky 2000s, before long girls will be boys and boys will be girls... or maybe just in a certain area of Bangkok.

The horse riding thing is funny because it is such as physical hobby. My parents were more than happy to let me ride and work at a stables but when I started boxing they were concerned about how dangerous it was! Because falling off a 1.5m-2m animal and having 500kg step on you isn't dangerous. I also knew a girl who was kicked in the head, she didn't notice (because of the shock) continued on with what she was doing and passed out a couple of hours later!

Also riding is dirty and smelly, much more so than a lot of 'boys' hobbies. It can also get very technical when you get onto dressage. I never had the memory for it.

At least when I say I like planted tanks I don't get a stream of prejudice like when I mention boxing. Or worse, being patronised about it.

The funny thing is people in different sports or hobbies never mind about gender stereotypes, they are just happy to meet someone else with the same passion. It's the other people looking in who worry that letting a little boy ballet dance will feminise him!

OK, I'll stop ranting!

sanj said:
Seems like so far things are tallying with what ive experianced: 47 people and 85% are dudes.

why do i get a sneaky feeling this is a ploy to suss out which one's are ladies in preparation for the "who's single survey". :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm a girl!

I've been quite inactive for the last 16 months though, because I've just had a baby (well, 16 months ago now). This may sound really sexist, but for me it's true... when I have a baby I totally lose interest in my fish tank for at least a year. Then gradually the fish/plant-bug comes back to me and I 're-find' ukaps!

To be honest though, I think this baby is my last, for now anyway. So you can expect to see me around here more often from now on.

Me and my 'new' baby to prove to you I'm a girl:

IMG_2006.jpg

gollum456 said:
sanj said:
Seems like so far things are tallying with what ive experianced: 47 people and 85% are dudes.

why do i get a sneaky feeling this is a ploy to suss out which one's are ladies in preparation for the "who's single survey". :lol: :lol: :lol:
:clap: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm a girl,

Thought I'd add my two pence worth.

Whenever BF and I go into the LFS they ALWAYS go to him and ask what he is intrested in,does he need any help etc and when he shruggs his shoulders, and says"speak to her, I don't know anything about fish" they look shocked and walk off.... :mad: takes me ages then to find someone..

hellohefalump- I too have not long had a baby (14mths) and when the BF asked if I was still intrested in my tanks, as hadn't done anything with them for "ages" gave him the hard stare- "you try cleaning a filter whilst having a toddler attached to your leg, trying to stop the older ones from "killing"each other and see how long it takes you to get something done" ;) but like you I'm back into it..

beccy

Back