• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fish Shop Tour TGM - Saturday 28th May with pics!

Re: Fish Shop Tour TGM - Saturday 28th May

andyh said:
mdhardy01 said:
Bobtastic said:
Do we need badges with our usernames then aka our real names? ;)
Good idea????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will sort the badges guys!

Lol, I was kinda joking but ok! :p

stuworrall said:
Bobtastic said:
Lol, I was kinda joking but ok! :p
It is a really good idea in order to put names to faces :D

Albeit, some of the faces are quite scary!

Fish Shop Tour TGM - Saturday 28th May

I'd rather not have a name put on my face not in permanent marker anyway !!!! Takes ages to wash off?????

mdhardy01 said:
I'd rather not have a name put on my face not in permanent marker anyway !!!! Takes ages to wash off?????
Sounds like some one is speaking from experience! And I'm guessing it wasn't your name! :p

That will teach you to fall asleep on a drunken lads night out/weekend!

It's tomorrow????
Excited
Wahay
Matt

mdhardy01 said:
It's tomorrow????
Excited
Wahay
Matt

I second that!

andyh said:
OK with everybody chopping and changing i am confused! I need to to confirm approx numbers to TGM.

So far i have the following attending on saturday:

Andyh
Bogwood (alan)
Steveuk
John Starkey
Mdharday01 (matt)
Ryan
Bob
Stuworrall

Have I missed anyone? your all welcome

Count me in :thumbup:

See you there at 11am Saturday
Andy

Billypete said:
andyh said:
OK with everybody chopping and changing i am confused! I need to to confirm approx numbers to TGM.

So far i have the following attending on saturday:

Andyh
Bogwood (alan)
Steveuk
John Starkey
Mdharday01 (matt)
Ryan
Bob
Stuworrall

Have I missed anyone? your all welcome

Count me in :thumbup:

See you there at 11am Saturday
Andy

see you there!

Lots of photos please peeps. One day I will make the 4hr trip! Have fun

Thanks to all ..........a great day :D
Never realised Five hours could go so quickly.

Nice to put faces to UKAPS members.

TGM was as usual Excellent.
Thanks Jim for the drinks, Pizzas, and the gorgeous cakes. :thumbup:

Only downer, spent too much.
Hopefully a good weekend ahead re scaping the tanks.

Cheers
Alan

What a great day!

For those who didnt make it this is what you missed:
cake
Dominos pizza
coffee
tea
OJ
Planted tank talk
Free gift for all attendees, lots of chaps left very happy with a copy of the The Book of ADA, i myself and a couple of others got some free plants :D

Here are some pics i took (not the best as i aint that clever with a camera):

Some of the Nano's
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

The 90cm and the 80cm
web.jpg

The 80cm, which was my favourite tank of the shop. It was stunning in the flesh.
web.jpg

web.jpg

The long one:
web.jpg

The Andy Mac/Altum Tank, which is still looking great
web.jpg

web.jpg

The TGM scaping competition was still running so a few of the guys had a go at scaping a 5ft tank with any of the hardscape they could find in the shop, and boy did they dig hard in the stone bins. It was worth it as a load of ADA goodies are going to the winner!

Deep in thought!
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

A big thanks to Jim, Mark, Ewan, Gaz and the gang for making us feel so welcome! :thumbup:

Thanks to all the UKAPS members who made the effort, it was good to meet you all :thumbup:

Cheers

Andy

Fantastic day had
Even the four hour drive back went quickly as I worked out scales in my mind with all the goodies I got
Thanks to jim et all for being fab hosts and nice to finally put faces to names
Many thanks
Matt

Big thanks to TGM for their usual warm welcome and hospitality :) And a big thanks to Andy for organising this meet up, and of course for the transportation! :)

Had an excellent day in the company of fellow plant and fish nuts, and had great fun scaping the 5 ft tank with lots of massive bits of fossilised wood! My back will be reminding me of it tomorrow, I'm sure :lol: The big display tanks are looking nice, but the smaller tanks are stealing the show at the moment; they're lovely! It was also nice to see and chat to Andy and Elan Mak. They're keeping the 8ft tank in great shape :)

Nice to meet some new faces too! Also, Tom - Apologies for not saying hi properly! I was a bit engrossed, playing with the hardscape. I didn't realise you were there until you were leaving!

I have a few photos on my phone which I'll post when I can. I wasn't able to carry my usual camera with me. Not enough arms :)

Here's to the next one!

Sounds like a great day was had by all :)

Some of you may know that I get on well with the guys at TGM, but that aside, I have to say this is the "TGM difference" ! Where else in the uk can you spend so many hours studying great tanks, with warm hosting and tasty cakes, plus be able to stock up on some of the best hardscape and equipment in the land ???

A fine way to spend a Saturday I'd say, I only wish I could have joined you all.

Tony

I have to say that the nanos look amazing!

What makes the TGM the greatest shop I have ever visited is the amazing service and how they make you fell welcome. It is irrelevant if you buy or not, the way you are treated is the same, like you are part of the family.

I am critical of many things, but the TGM is not one of them, apart for not being in London, I really cannot say much more that I love the shop and what they stand for.

Back