• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Andyh's 190l Lounge tank (update 20-09-11)

Re: Andyh's 190l Lounge tank (update with video)

mikeappleby said:
Loving this journal (and your previous kitchen tank one, which inspired me to get stuck in). Looks great.
Any particular reason you've got the drop checker under your return? Is this because it's where CO2 is likely to be lowest?

Thanks for you kind words, glad my tanks have inspired you :oops:

You are kind of right, i move it round on occasions to check flow. I thought it would be low here, as the CO2 is actually fed from the right hand return. Its good to move/try drop checkers in different places to ensure that your flow is carrying the CO2 to all the areas in your tank.

cheers :thumbup:
Andyh

Re: Andyh's 190l Lounge tank (update with video)

Good evening!

Just realised that i haven't updated much lately so took a couple of pics this evening, not the best but just wanted to show the tank was still changing.

I dont have as much time at the moment with the tank as i would like, work and babies are taking over. But i am managing to keep up the weekly maint and water changes so the tanks doing ok. :geek:

Here is a few pics:
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

:thumbup:

Re: Andyh's 190l Lounge tank (update 27-05-11)

Loving this Andy, this is just my sort of tank, its looking great.
Those are some awesome apisto's you have too, what species are they?

Looking lovely mate, really coming along.

The c.helferi looks really smart definitely one of my favourite plants. shame I don't own a tank big enough to house it, I orderd 2 pots from tgm and when they came they where knee height and my nano was just about the ankle haha :)

CeeJay said:
Hi Andy
This is looking good.
Love the sense of 'flow' in tis tank.
Good job.
Cheers Chris, it looks better in the flesh as all the tall plants are swaying ;)
Joecoral said:
Loving this Andy, this is just my sort of tank, its looking great.
Those are some awesome apisto's you have too, what species are they?
Thanks Joe, they are Apistogramma Agassizii 'fire red', they are seriously cool fish! Got them from Aquajardin in Glouctester, first place i had ever seen them.
nayr88 said:
Looking lovely mate, really coming along.
The c.helferi looks really smart definitely one of my favourite plants. shame I don't own a tank big enough to house it, I orderd 2 pots from tgm and when they came they where knee height and my nano was just about the ankle haha :)
Thanks Ryan, no C.Helferi in here dude :geek: I think you mean the Blyxa Aubertii, which is taller blyxa species (right hand side) It does look similar i will give you that.

Looking good Andy,those lilly pipes need a good clean :lol: ,

john.

Looks lovely, Andy.

I really like the theme that's going on - the C. helferi, crypts, Blyxa, hairgrass and ferns all share a similar leaf form giving a nice coherent style to the layout.

Always nice to see a good selection of fish too.

Nice work Andy! This is evolving nicely mate, 2 questions I have for you,

What's the 3 light coloured patches in the middle to right hand side? Riccia?
And what's the plan for the front left?

john starkey said:
Looking good Andy,those lilly pipes need a good clean :lol: ,
john.
Thanks John can you always count on you too spot the bad bit!
They will be cleaned next time! :geek:
George Farmer said:
Looks lovely, Andy.
I really like the theme that's going on - the C. helferi, crypts, Blyxa, hairgrass and ferns all share a similar leaf form giving a nice coherent style to the layout.
Always nice to see a good selection of fish too.
Thanks George, as it seems with my tanks they tend to evolve rather than stay as i originally scaped them.

No C.Helfri in here!! Its Nana Vallis, Crypt Balanese, Wendtii, hairgrass, ferns, mosses, staurogyne and a bit of ricca, plus some hydrocotyle, which i am not sure suits this particular scape. keep/get rid? o_O

Fish selection is key, for a scape to be complete you got to have some cool fish!
Bobtastic said:
Looking good Andy! I think I'm gonna have to steal some plant inspiration from you as I reckon the Blyxa will look good behind some of my rocks.
When you get your conditions right Blyxa grows really well and is a fantastic vivid green.
B7fec said:
Nice work Andy! This is evolving nicely mate, 2 questions I have for you,
What's the 3 light coloured patches in the middle to right hand side? Riccia?
And what's the plan for the front left?
Cheers Dude!

3 light patches are some feshly added ricca stones, to merge with the hairgrass.
The front left just had a hard prune and removed lots of staurogyne, not sure what to do with it to be honest o_O

cheers Stu, good suggestion with smaller crypts, however as you will see in my next post the Staurogyne has come back great after being pruned to the gravel.

Pipes cleaned!

Good Morning !

I managed to spend a couple of hours on the tank on tuesday night, gave it a good prune espeically the taller plants at the back the Balanese was over a meter tall! :crazy: Just for John S i cleaned some of my glassware :lol:

The tanks is doing well and i seem to have overcome the BGA problem, i have done this by syphoning as much as i can on a regular basis and removing the surrounding substrate too. I have had a little help from one of my Stiphodon Gobies who has taken a real shine to the stuff and has started eating it. I do have a couple of tufts of BBA on hardscape, but that is easily sorted with direct dosing of easycarbo. Things aren't looking too bad really considering the tank is about a year old now.

Here are a selection of pics, as always too many so apologies! I hope they work, as i have just switched to Flickr for my image hosting from now on. :geek:

5861216949_6f36f40b7c_b.jpg
Full Tank Shot by andyh_2011, on Flickr

5861217397_de40aaaf39_b.jpg
Moss Branches by andyh_2011, on Flickr

5861218147_bb6381e865_b.jpg
Amano Shrimp by andyh_2011, on Flickr

5861771084_20e5e0d7cf_b.jpg
Blyxa Aubertii by andyh_2011, on Flickr

5861771416_c345de5b73_b.jpg
Full Tank (narrow aspect) by andyh_2011, on Flickr

5861771796_547d2f93bd_b.jpg
Full tank shot 2 by andyh_2011, on Flickr

Plus a video! Click link below, should be HD

Thanks for looking

Andyh

Re: Andyh's 190l Lounge tank (update 23-06-11)

Amazing! I really like the video, it's nice to see tanks 'in action'.

for me...that's the best the scape has looked. Lovely colours and textures.

Hey Andy..... looking good mate, I have to agree with ianho, the best the scape has looked and growing into a real beaut!

Looking Great, How are the Titanium Rams doing?

Drouthie said:
Amazing! I really like the video, it's nice to see tanks 'in action'.
cheers, i have to say that i am becoming a real fan of the videos as i feel they give an added interaction with the scapes. You can see things like water flow, movement etc. Thanks for you kind comments ;)
ianho said:
for me...that's the best the scape has looked. Lovely colours and textures.
Hey Ianho, Thanks dude, :thumbup: its been on a long journey this one. I wasnt happy for ages but i really like to tweak and change my scapes along the way. I feel i have learnt so much with this scape.
B7fec said:
Hey Andy..... looking good mate, I have to agree with ianho, the best the scape has looked and growing into a real beaut!
Cheers dude. I can't wait for it to grow in some more. The pruning is becoming more challenging due to the sheer plant mass, but i still love it!
Gill said:
Looking Great, How are the Titanium Rams doing?
Thanks Gill!
Titanium Rams? o_O They are good thanks.

Back