• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA step-by-step by ADG Vibe

Nice! The new ADA tanks are incredibly clear, there's almost no blue/green tint. :wideyed:
I don't understand why they don't use E. parvula in the foreground instead of letting the E. acicularis spread..?

Great video :thumbup:

What kind of glass is this :woot: I have Optiwhite which isn't clear like this :?

Sonnyarba said:

What kind of glass is this :woot: I have Optiwhite which isn't clear like this :?

I think ADA use opti-white glass with even lower iron-content than "normal" opti-white.

JEK said:
Sonnyarba said:

I think ADA use opti-white glass with even lower iron-content than "normal" opti-white.
There must be some kind of trick :rolleyes:

ADA switched the production on their tanks a year ago or so. With the change the tank parameters changed too, but they found a solution with the new provider, where the glass is now more transparent on the edges. Kind of light grey or so.

Whoever is still unhappy with this, the Cube Garden Superior is still there as an option for geek style:
http://glassbox-design.com/2011/ada-cub ... -superior/
:D

Amazing video, lovely setup. :thumbup: We also ordered this set and i can't wait to see this lovely piece in person. :angelic:

The trick is to leave the foreground empty and use acicularis and not parvula is kind of an ADA style. I do not think i ever seen parvula in their tanks.

It's nice and everything but those clear stands are horrible, and that backpack co2 kit... That's a bit of a wrong turn in my opinion.

Nice scape and nice video though.

I disagree - i think the stand looks amazing - especially when put in context with that amazing filter - love the industrial look. However i do agree with Garuf that the CO2 set looks like a massive carbuncle on the side of the tank! :D
Just as an idea - how much is all that kit worth?
M

Nice find. Subscribed! I'll be looking out for the next exciting installment!

I like the look for the stand, but it's totally impractical! You'd have to be completely OCD to keep it looking good. Altho I like the "look" of the hand-on-the-side Co2 set, I don't really see the point in having that lovely big cabinet and then handing stuff off the side of the tank.

Ideal would be to have the ADA CO2 tower next to the stand.
http://www.adana.co.jp/en/products/na_c ... co2system/

This nano set is not for this tank really. Then the CO2 tower would match with the Super Jet filter in look and style..... But the cost.... only the CO2 tower would cost a fortune.

However the full set is like a dream setup. Very stylish and sleek look. Love it! The stand is awesome too. I had the maintenance stand ealrier which use the same material and similar look. Looked really good.

Bobtastic said:
I would have thought that ADA would have designed their Co2 towers to fit inside their cabinets...
they do - http://www.adana.co.jp/en/products/na_co2/large_co2system/ = $$$$

1_0.jpg

Incredible setup. That would be the finishing touch to any Modernist building. Can't really imagine it in the chintz and three-piece suite living room of most brits though :lol:

Be interesting to see if anyone actually uses that kind of mega-ultimate ADA rig that isn't a retailer. I've yet to come across anything like that setup on any forum or blog in anyones house. One day when I'm a millionaire...

NeilW said:
Be interesting to see if anyone actually uses that kind of mega-ultimate ADA rig that isn't a retailer.
There's likely a fair few. I would guess they would also employ someone to maintain for them, so they aren't 'real' hobbyists/enthusiasts themselves, and are therefore unlikely to bother with forums etc.

Most fishkeepers with the level of 'disposable' income to spend on a full ADA system are into reefs.

I calculated a full 90x45x45cm with absolutely everything ADA would cost approx. £5,000, in the UK.

for anybody so inclined, you can follow ADG vibe on facebook, its a good one to read :thumbup:

Thanks, George. I am starting to feel a little inspired again. I just wish I had the time to redo my two tanks.

Regards, Dave.

Back