• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

'Blue Sky' Iwagumi ...overgrown

Re: 'Blue Sky' Iwagumi @ 3 weeks second trim complete

Mark Evans said:
Well, after 3 months of working away, i now have the privilege of staying at home every night, for about 4 weeks. I can now dedicate some time to the set up.
That's our Mark; forget about the wife and kids, and dedicate yourself to the 'scape!! :lol:

Looking forward to new pics mate.

Mark Evans said:
Before i went away, i did read up on bonsai trees, and indeed, they do need to be outside...so that's where it went.

Stu! i may be picking your brains sometime soon, if that's OK :D
Good stuff Mark. Just give me a shout on email or the phone if its lots of questions! :)

Its fun to be away sometimes but when you start to miss home it really drags. Well done to your wife for keeping the scape tip top :thumbup:

stuworrall said:
Just give me a shout on email or the phone if its lots of questions!

i'll pm you shortly. Thanks mate. :thumbup:

George Farmer said:
That's our Mark; forget about the wife and kids, and dedicate yourself to the 'scape!!

:oops:

You can see here, the HC is getting all 'fluffy' It was only trimmed last week, but evidently, i didn't trim it hard enough.

A bit of tank cleaning duties this morning.

I tidy up of the foreground as it was 'messy'

The stems get trimmed tonight.

You can see the parvula, back left, is recovering very well.

I've increased the lighting from 5 hours per day, to 6.

It's a rough pic, not even sharp...oh well. :arghh:

-4-weeks.jpg

Re: 'Blue Sky' Iwagumi @ 4 weeks

lowered the lights for a pic Ed :lol:

Piece-of-fish said:
So one more week and its finished?

Maybe 4 weeks and it might be done :lol:

I think you can just see the algae problems. In the HC, front left...a bit of brown diatom.

I'm not even sure the filter has matured yet. 4 weeks and mature? I dont even know. o_O

4-weeks-1.jpg

I've picked my flash up from my parents today, so I'll take some decent images tonight or tomorrow.

ianho said:
stunning mate!

cheers fella.

chump54 said:
great scape as usual Mark and absolutely amazing growth for 4 weeks.

It's got me all excited for the new 120 scape.
:thumbup:

viktorlantos said:
The new Tropica plant work really well with this layout. Can't wait to try it later.

It's a cracker mate. Real easy to grow. takes a hacking too.

run-2.jpg

I'll be using it in the new tank, with a couple of other new varieties. :thumbup:

viktorlantos said:
Will you trim the background stems to shape?

I will Viktor. I've had unusual growth with these stems...in a good way. The first trim, saw light hit the lower parts, and stems grew from everywhere. The newly cut stems, still only have new shoots which are maybe 4 inches long. This gives me a dilemma with the next trim :?

Don't put off until tomorrow, what can be done today!

I trimmed the stems tonight. :angelic:

trim-4-1.jpg

Don't know how you it Mark, if you could bottle it you make a fortune.Tank is a joy to behold

i love it when those massive stems get a huge big haircut and completely turn the scape around again :D The Ranunculus is still looking great when used in an iwagumi. Have you been able to control the runners ok as you said it was getting quite invasive?

George Farmer said:
You must be very happy with the progress so far. I know I would be!

Very happy George. I've got back a bit more excitement for future tanks. :D

stuworrall said:
Have you been able to control the runners OK as you said it was getting quite invasive?

You can treat it just like tenellus. Cut out runners to stop the spread, and trim it hard to encourage smaller growth. :thumbup:

mrjackdempsey said:
Don't know how you it Mark, if you could bottle it you make a fortune.Tank is a joy to behold

Cheers mate. If i could fit the wife into a bottle, i would :lol:

john starkey said:
Just speechless mate,

Cheers mate.

I've been informed that there's one or 2 that dont believe this tanks age o_O ...rumours eh :lol:

Here's a close up (high res, click on it,and magnify ;) ) after the trim. You can see the cut line on the stems

uber-1.jpg

Mark Evans said:
I've been informed that there's one or 2 that dont believe this tanks age o_O ...rumours eh :lol:
There's only one thing worse than being talked about, and that's not being talked about...

Lovely shot mate. I really like the cardinals in there. Nice to see some red... ;)

Very nice, Mark! As usual... :D
Will P. axelrodi be the only species in there?

Back