• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ideas? dimension 94inch L x 54inch B x 10inch H volume tank

aarya

Seedling
Hello forum, :D

Can anyone suggest me the scape (Setup: Rocky/Planted/???) for a dimension of 94inch L x 54inch B x 10inch H volume tank which is tiled from all 5 sides and Fish can only viewed from the top. Ideas PLS? Budget 25 K.

Some limitations being : :sick:

1) I am assisting my good old friend to setup this huge tank and it's not mine. I know it's a bit Odd dimension. Here, I the shape and dimention of the tank is constant and I can't alter it. I thought of suggesting him about elevating at least the back portion if not frontal, to facilitate rock setting. But, he doesnt want to change it.

2) Moreover, this friend of mine is new to the hobby. I am even thinking of external filter but here the hassle is the lack of elevation. Since most of the external filters will work best if it is kept in lower strata.

3) It is inside his house that to in the 2nd floor. So, I have very limited option can't go for extending in any direction/dimension.One more problem is he being a beginner wants some colourful, quite noticeable fish from top,and easily manageable setup. I don't want him to say bye to the hobby I tried suggesting Kerla queen (denisoni)/ any indian fish for that matter and but it can't be viewed from the top?

Now, I am thinking about the hard-scape I can come up with and next option will be the fishes or If i need to simulate the natural condition I have to preset my fish in my mind for this shallow depth. hence I asked Info/ Idea here.

Thanks for kind attention.

Re: Ideas? dimension 94inch L x 54inch B x 10inch H volume t

Yes, a tiled pond inside the house.

Ya, on the floor looks like a pit in the flat walking floor (like a big confine box). I have plans to provide a artificial fluorescent PLL 36 Watt X 2 hanging from the top. Regarding the filtration problem I have narrated above.

Interesting project but it is a little difficult to get my head around the unusual concept - so the feature will be in the centre of a room?
I am assuming you wont be using a pressurised C02 system?
I would think about using tropical lilies & other big plants like swords that will emerge out the water.

:) It is situated in one corner of the room. Ya, even I am not using any pressurized Co2 system. Planted tank is one option for me :idea: . It need not be a planted tank. Since, (Particularly - Canister external) filtration is another difficult task because of the level. Rocky setup idea would also be fine. But, I don't know how best I can approach it. :silent:

You could use a external pond filter powered by a small pond pump.
If the feature is in a corner then you can pile up rocks to form a waterfall or stream but as soon as you expose the pond water to air (waterfall, fountain etc) the evaporation will be considerable.
I would think very hard about fitting a mains water ball valve to keep the pond topped up.

Exactly, :) but regarding filter How can I pursue it. I even thought about the Piling concept in 45 degree angle towards the one corner. Here the next question comes Fishes?
1) If I introduce Kio's Then Strict no no to plants and additional problem would be filtration. Since,they are known to produce lots of blahblahblahblah.
2) If I go with Lillies light will be prevented from reaching bottom. :thumbdown:
3) Another possibility is that If I decide have NO plants. Only big fishes like koi the only problem is regarding External filtration.
4) The other option would be thinking any other fishes other than Kio's :? which are visible and colorful. I don't want to have Gold fish.
5) Topping up of water is not a big issue why because I insisted him to have a tap adjacent to the tank.
6) I am also thinking can I go for a DIY external makeup :?:
Hoping for the best workable :idea:
Kept my fingers Crossed

There are lots of pressurised external pond filters available, there are just like a big external fishtank filter but without the built in pump. http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... atures+%2F
You will have to buy a suitable pump that sits in the pond & pushes water through the filter.
Koi are not suitable long term fish as they grow far to big!
You can choose from hundreds of tropical fish though, although you would need to choose carfully.

It's not deep enough for koi :(

Mark

Ok Mark, :)

What would you suggest :idea: . Suggest some which addreses some of my priority points which I mentioned earlier in this thread :arrow: . Thanks for the input :thumbup:

With a budget of 25k I'm sure your friend could rip out the jacuzzi and get a nice large planted opti white tank with co2 and be able to see the fish. He could even have 2 or 3 with plenty of change unless the 25k was a typo.

If he stays with the jacuzzi then it's basically a shallow indoor pond. Shabunkins are pretty and so are golden orf! Most fish by nature's design are not easily viewed from above.

Back