• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

just a quick intro

tonyg1

hello peep's i'm not new to fish keeping but i am new to planted aquaria......well i would be if my lights ever get here.

i had a mental attack of snails in my tank so i nuked it and kept a few fish from my tank(5 black widows,two pristella's and a peppered corrie) in a bare glass aquarium,no gravel,ornaments and plant's just fish,water and filter.

as a result i started looking a little deeper into the hobby and thought i'd do thing's properly so:

i purchased an eheim 2075 filter,arcadia twin 54 watt t5 light controller,2x54 watt flora pro tubes and reflectors to suit.
unfortunately both tubes arrived broken so i'm waiting for them to be replaced before i can crack on.

wish me luck.

tony.

welcome to the forum Tony :wave: and good luck :)

Dont hesitate to ask any questions on your mind

Oh do'nt worry I will eheh.

After reading through the pages I think my head will burst.

What do you think of my purchases so far.

Oh yeah

My tanks 48"x15"x15"

I've had it around ten years old and its made by jewel.

I have some bog wood and rocks that I think will work well together.

Welcome aboard Tony :)

Snails are not all bad ;) and don't forget a journal to show us your tank, you can also ask questions in the journal and someone will always provide some friendly advice.

Enjoy :)

LondonDragon said:
don't forget a journal to show us your tank, you can also ask questions in the journal and someone will always provide some friendly advice.

Hi Tony

Like London Dragon has said, It would be a good time to start a journal seens you're about to set up your new tank. All questions and queries can be posted in your journal or more specific questions could then be posted in another seperate thread if required.

You would need to provide as much information as possible to help members make informed assessments of your proposed setup. so information such as;

- Tank + dimensions
- CO2 to be used or not (which type - pressuried, DIY, or liquad?)
- Proposed substrate
- Proposed lighting period
- Filter
- Lighting
- Flora list
- Proposed Fauna list once tank has cycled is always a nice touch
- Proposed Fert dosing
- Proposed Maitenance regime
- Hardscape materials
- Any other equipment (external heater, circulation pumps etc)

tonyg1 said:
What do you think of my purchases so far.

I'm sure you know already that all the equipment works in tandem, so for example its difficult to say that your filter choice is fine without knowing if you plan to hook up additional equipment to this such as an external heater or CO2 up atomiser and so on

And course, dont forget to add photos and regular updates (incl. photos) to your journal :)

Also, if your looking to purchase new equipment or are looking for product recommendations this also works well if the question is posed within context of the journal

Back