• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Would you fancy a evening at ADC in London? 30th June

ghostsword

Hi, I visit often ADC (http://aquaticdesign.co.uk/contact-shop.html) in central london, and buy most of my plants from there.

They stock ADA, optiwhite tanks and the shop is spread out over two floors.

I was talking to the guy in charge of ordering the plants from Tropica, and he would be able to close down the shop for us on a evening, get pizza, beers and we could spend the evening talking about plants and maybe even scape a tank or two.

They got a shrimp rack, over 50 tanks with fish, and a large tank for plants. If we do the meet on a Thursday evening or Friday, we will be able to get fresh plants from Tropica, as they get delivered on thursdays.

They also have a large selection of salt water fish and corals, if someone is into that. :)

Would anyone here be interested?

Thanks,

Re: Would you fancy a evening at ADC in London?

good idea luis, id be all over that!

great shop great plants and some of the display tanks are beauts.

hope this turns into a big meet

Cool, let's see when it could be done, in two weeks would be fab.

I saw some of their optiwhite tanks, amazing silicone work, very good. Obviously not ADA, but good nonetheless. :)

yeah really great shop.

they had an amazing moss tank downstairs bottoms corner, under halide, with a jungle coming out of the hob. went back a few weeks later and the whole lot was algaefied and melted...even though it had been up and running for a long time.

cracking little shop, well worth a meet.

Sounds good. Count me in :)

I can go as well, been there 2 weeks ago to get some shrimps I would get some Amano's again. Would be nice to meet some of you.

Ok, so we got 4... :)

Radik
ghostsword
a1matt
nayr88

I was thinking to go on thursday the 30th of June.

Let me know so that I can talk to Greg and get the shop closed for us, or an area setup for all of us.

I am taking my flashes and camera, and will take pictures of the amazing fish they got.

Ye,s why not it is after paycheck. I think they have closed room on ground floor where few people can fit in and walls are decorated with huge fish tanks but there is sign no entry :)

yeah ive seen that room, i think its for consultations on display tanks and tanks and care for clients.

dont have to spend a ton mate even having some pizza checking out the tanks and meeting would be cool, plus they may have some wisdom for us :)

The room will be available. :)

What will be good is that they do have some display tanks now, lots of fish to check out and will be good to talk a bit.

They do have magazines, stock ADA stuff, and are talking about setting up full ADA tank.

They also got shrimp, some rocks, wood and the weirdest rice fish I have seen..

Will be a good night out.

Count me in, one of my favourite shops, been visiting it quite often since I got the gumi up and running, all plants are from ADC.

ADC is a few minutes walk from where I work, and I have bought a ton of stuff from there. Greg recently supplied with me with 50 pre-quarantined rummy nose tetra to go with my discus, and looked surprised when I told him how much I think I have now spent there!

It's not only well stocked and has a wide variety, but it also has a slightly "eccentric" (in a positive way) atmosphere.

Would like to join the trip.

Matthew

Went to the shop yesterday to drop a bag of Bacopa that I had growing emersed on the garden.

So the evening is booked, the 30th of June.

Greg asked me if there are any sort of fish that you are looking for, let me know so that he can get it in stock. I am looking for Zebra Ottos, so asked for 10. :)

Also, he has three eheim nanos, the new ones, really nice looking, he would like to have them scaped by the members and have them on display.

Apparently TGM is also aware of the meet, and they would like to use some of the pics.

Will be fun, so bring your cameras. We would start at 1900, if this is ok for all.

Also, there may be goodies for the people, he is asking suppliers for packs.

Only question he had was that if he could print some of the flyers that UKAPS has and placed them on the shop, so if the moderators or admin's can confirm it would be appreciated. They have a large amount of plant buyers but the people are not aware of where to get information.

They are really nice looking, and the light is great, very minimalistic. The filter I am not sure, will test it next week when at ADC.

Maybe we can do a mini review of the tank.

I am also thinking about asking Greg for some manten stone, he can get it from TGM I believe.

I PM'd you about some unusual oto's I've seen on Rare aquatics import list. I hope they are not wallet braking.
I would like to get one didiplis diandra tropica plant and some amanos so hope he got some. I am pretty stuffed with plants for now.

Looking forward to meet already.

Back