• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

[CONTEST] UKAPS @ Aquatics Live, Olympia

George Farmer

Founder
UKAPS Team
Please note that some organisational details are still in progress, but here is an idea of what to expect.

Overview

UKAPS have been invited to represent the UK planted aquarium hobby and aquascaping scene at the forthcoming Aquatics Live event, Olympia, London.

UKAPS will have their own stand featuring stunning mature aquascapes created by UKAPS Members. We also plan to have a couple of empty aquariums made available for the public to 'play' with, where they can learn first-hand more about the hobby.

More info about the event here -

http://www.Aquatics-Live.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://en-gb.facebook.com/AquaticsLive?v=info" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://aquatics-live.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://forum.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk ... hp?t=75395" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The UKAPS Live Aquascaping Contest (UKAPS-LAC)

Next to/opposite the UKAPS stand there will be 10 identical aquariums that will be aquascaped on the first day by 10 UKAPS Members. Aquarium size and spec TBC.

There will be a large selection of high-quality hardscape and planting materials available to all participants.

The aquascapes will be ranked by a panel with a separate public vote on the second day. Judges and Prizes TBC.

How do I enter the UKAPS-LAC?

1. You need to be a UKAPS Member.
2. You need to be willing and able to participate in the Aquatics Live event as a contestant in the UKAPS-LAC.
3. email george.farmer@ukaps.org a 1200 pixel (along longest edge) jpeg of your best ever aquascape.
4. You may only enter one aquascape.
5. There is no restriction on aquarium size.
6. There is no restriction on when the aquascape photograph was taken.
7. There is no restriction if the aquascape has been previously published.
8. Entries will be made public on the UKAPS Forum on Saturday, 2nd July 2011.
9. UKAPS Members decide the Top 10 entries via a public poll that closes on Saturday, 23rd July 2011.
10. The Top 10 entries will be invited to attend the UKAPS-LAC at Aquatics Live.
11. If a Top 10 entrant is unable to attend the UKAPS-LAC at Aquatics Live, the next rank down will be invited.
12. Please note – this is not a photography contest. I would encourage UKAPS Members that vote in the poll to choose their favourite aquascape based on its own merit in terms of composition, plant selection/health, creativity etc. and not on its standard of photography. More tips on choosing a favourite will be published when the poll is released.

Summary

Aquatics Live at Olympia, London promises to be a great event made even better by a UKAPS presence.

If you'd like to help promote the planted aquarium and aquascaping hobby by attending Aquatics Live and participating in the UKAPS-LAC, then please consider entering into the poll.

The deadline for the initial phase of the contest i.e. the UKAPS Forum poll, is 2nd July 2011. Send your best aquascape images (1200 pixel jpeg) to george.farmer@ukaps.org

If you wish to attend Aquatics Live as a non-competitor then you're more than welcome, of course. We always welcome help setting up, manning and packing away the UKAPS stand, and I'm sure the event will be great to experience as a regular visitor too.

And George will be speaking! Very nice!

I am definitely not up to a good enough standard (yet?) to enter the contest but I am very interested in attending the event and helping out where I can (lifting, carrying, making inappropriate jokes and looking surly). Do you have any idea of how much the tickets cost?

So we have until the 2nd of july?

nice one, well done for getting invited to what looks like a very prestigious event, lots of cool speakers there :thumbup:

Ill be up for both and will see if I can book it off work if youre up for helpers. Pity I cant enter my 90cm as its in the IAPLC so wouldnt invalidate my entry, :thumbdown: :)

Bobtastic said:
And George will be speaking! Very nice!

I am definitely not up to a good enough standard (yet?) to enter the contest but I am very interested in attending the event and helping out where I can (lifting, carrying, making inappropriate jokes and looking surly). Do you have any idea of how much the tickets cost?
Thanks, Bob.

Ticket prices are publised on the Aquatics Live website I believe.

The 10 UKAPS-LAC contestants will not have to pay. Other logistical issues will be addressed over the coming months i.e. travel, accomodation arrangements etc.

Johno2090 said:
So we have until the 2nd of july?
That's right. I have edited the original post to make it clearer. Thanks.

You can count on me George,pity my new setup won't be ready but i will enter my 60 ltr :thumbup: ,either way i will be coming to help out too :thumbup: ,have you ever known me to miss a jolly up,

John

this is going to be a good event :D
i live in a train ride away so ill be coming either way, to help out setting up or if im uber lucky set up a tank :D:D

cheers

I'd enter, but this best ever aquascape lark? I don't stand a chance, I'm not sure I even have any photos left after my pc shift.

Sounds great, will be watching this thread to see how it develops.

As I will be concentrating on getting the stand running I will leave the scaping to other members, I can chip in as a last resort ;) good luck guys an excelent oportunity to be part of the UKAPS community, I would encourage all levels to enter the compo.

I'm going to enter the only picture I have....:) but not sure its got enough pixels

LondonDragon said:
As I will be concentrating on getting the stand running I will leave the scaping to other members, I can chip in as a last resort ;) good luck guys an excelent oportunity to be part of the UKAPS community, I would encourage all levels to enter the compo.

Why don't you enter then if you recommend it? :) you got a very nice iwagumi!

Thanks for all the interest, all! Please do use this thread to register your interest in either the contest, or as UKAPS 'helpers' for the stand.

I look forward to seeing your entries, but better still, look forward to meeting as many people as possible at the event!

Gh0st said:
stupid question, but i assume the live scaping is for UK ukaps members only?
All UKAPS members are welcome. If you get in the Top 10 in the poll and are willing and able to compete at the Aquatics Live venue, then you are more than welcome! :thumbup:

Sounds like a great event for UKAPS to be invited to! Count me in for helping out George, I'm not as good with the lifting but more than happy to do other stuff to help out. Will be good to see some UKAPS faces again... :thumbup:

Back