• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

30l rescape - new pics

Mrmikey

Well I had a big bag of ADA for my 60l, but couldn't resist in trying to get my nano looking good-ish again.

My idea for this was to become a holding tank for some of my shrimp. I wanted it to look fairly natural like something you see in the woods/jungle. I placed a bit of a vally in there as i want to try growing my arch enemy HC again or glosso up and around! I haven't been that successful in the past but am going to try again and see what happens.If anyone has any hc just holla and i'll buy it of you...thanks.

Filter: eheim 200 ecco
Powerhead: korolia nano
Substrate: ADA - only
Hardscape: manzy, bit of redwood and pebbles of the beach
Ferts: not much thought at the moment

img4358z.jpg

Re: 30l rescape - rescape now with hc

I think I rushed this layout a little at the start as I got distracted with my other one. So I did a quick rescacpe, nothing to drastic before the ADA started to dissovle and go dusty. This was pretty much the next day.

Ive not not touched it since the last post execpt for planting.

Ive been doing a water change one a week 50%, lighting 6 hours, co2 lime on lights on, flow alot. I have to the korolia on a timer to give my new fighter fish and little chilli rasbora a break at night. seems to be working so far:)

plants added hc cuba, p.helfri and glosso.
img4382c.jpg

img4397y.jpg

img4399q.jpg

img4401k.jpg

Good start mikey, best of luck with the hc :)

Any idea for ferts yet?

On your next update get some nice shots of the betta :) love those fish, how is he getting on when the koralia is on? Just shying away into a corner?

Keep it up mate

30l rescape - rescape now with hc

nayr88 said:
Good start mikey, best of luck with the hc :)

Any idea for ferts yet?

On your next update get some nice shots of the betta :) love those fish, how is he getting on when the koralia is on? Just shying away into a corner?

Keep it up mate

Yeah cheers mate:) yeah the hc and glosso are looking good 7 days in. No melting of any plants so far just the odd leave or two. They don't seem to be carpeting or sending out runners but they look good.

Japonica blyxa in the back right is getting really tall now, just going to let it keep growing wild, don't really know how to trim it and don't fancy digging it up and disturbing things.

I don't want to be jinx myself but it's all going to well!! Not one bit of algae anywhere, just a bit on the petite.

I'm doing one water change a week 50% and using all in one ferts. Seems to be going well.

Now a bit of advice. If it aint broke why fix it right? But I would love to get the hc to carpet but have never managed. Most who are successful use high light well more than my 18w . I actually noticed the other day the reflector isn't on. If I added it would that help? Or should I add a 9w? Or increase light period? It's currently 6hours ?

Im fighter doesn't seem to mind the flow to be honest, he's always bombing around most of the time if he's not flaring at his own refection. I Still turn it off though just to give them all a brake. He's quite scruffy looking but I like it.

Nothing much to say, hc has had a trim and is starting to grow sideways, it's a little yellow in some places as is my pogo. Helfri . Maybe I should add a little more iron to the mix it might help.

Haven't got any hair algae which is great news, after all my troubles!! growth is mega slow so I have added an 11w pink bulb arcpod (all I got). co2 is good, drop checker yellow, shrimp seem happy with this even got a couple of berried cherry shrimp, so thought id experiment!! This was two days ago and towards the end of the day I've noticed hc & glosso pearling.

Back to the drop checker...lately it's perminatly yellow day and night even on a solenoid. Is this normal? I don't Really worry about it thought coz it's just a guide right? And my shrimp seem happiest ever.

All fish except otto and my dwarf cory are now in my 60l and loving it. Their whizzing around like there's no tomorrow !

Only kept the 11w pink light on for a day or so. Really didn't like the light it was giving out.

Hc is really slow, but growing. I think it needs a bit more light. It's not looking as yellow as it did either is the pogo.helfri. I said it might be a lack of iron but reading a post by Clive looks like it could be nitrogen, so I've been adding both.

Glosso is looking great, really like this plant and is going strong.

My japonica blyxa is about 17cm tall. I thought it stayed low! It's looking really heathy though. They say dig it up to trim? Well there's no runners to trim it's just really tall so I'll leave it for now.

I've also taken of the black background just for a change. I then replaced it with some frosted glass effect stuff. Only problem was the wires being black. I've now put White electrical tape over them and it looks much better/ less noticeable.

I'll give it another month or so to see how it gets on. I feel the scape actually needs some help it's looking a little awkward in places.

I'll post a pic either later or tomorrow.

JulietLove said:
Just want to keep it growing wild, really do not know how to trim it, do not like it dug up, disturbing things. :D

yeah think this is the best option for now, as I said im going to let it grow for a month or so and then think about changing the planting a bit. One idea i had was to take out all the plants at the back and put a java behind the wood mound and let it grow big?

Well my co2 is starting to run out so going to have to get a refill either today or tomorrow what apain. I find my co2 sometime fluctuates when the pressure is low. the bubbles seem less uniform in time in the bubble counter.

My ferts are all over the shop at the mo. I started adding KNO3 10ml ever other day, aquarium plant food all in one 5ml, and some traces about 5ml a by sera. My shrimp have started to hid at the back is this down to over dosing. I know I asked this before but have never got the balance right between healthy plants, healthy shrimp and no algae. so if someone could suggest a dosing regiume for me that would be grand. Lights on 6 hours a day co2 going greenie yellow.

anyway heres some photos with equipment out, not the best but not very good with my camera. I do but find tank photography pretty hard as the light never seems as good as say George's.

img4945yh.jpg

img49702.jpg

img4947c.jpg

oh yeah what do you think of the clear background... im starting to really like it as there is more contrast on the wood, maybe the plants dont stand out as much but i think its far better.

that looks loads better!

a very very nice scape!!

ianho said:
that looks loads better!

a very very nice scape!!

Cheers mate it's getting there isn't It would be great if the pogo helfri would grow:)

Back