• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Atomisers- dont work

dawidmNS

Hi

I recieved today 2 atomisers, I already set up everything, splitters, valves etc as ive got 2 of them for 2 pumps. And there are 2 things, 1 is diffusing but the other is not! then I was trying to change some things, regulate valves etc and both dont work! There isnt problem with pressure, because pressure is really high as I was even trying to get co2 for max. The problem is with atomisers as co2 doesnt go through. But 1 was working and now the same problem like with the other, pressure doesnt go through. Guys any advice how to solve it?

Regards
Dawid

Hi Dawid, you could simplify the system so its just one atomiser, one valve and see if it all works. then swop over the atomisers and see if it is still all working.

Chris

chump54 said:
Hi Dawid, you could simplify the system so its just one atomiser, one valve and see if it all works. then swop over the atomisers and see if it is still all working.

Chris
+1 :thumbup:

Confirm that they both work on the simplified system then you can if there is a fault with both units.

I will try all over again today or tomorrow morning.
I was thinking about just 1 atomiser, but there are 2 spray bars at the back, next to each other. One of them could be even long enough to cover whole tank, but then what about the other which is quite short?

The pressure was that high that while disconecting pipes from booble counter, whole water from booble counter was pushed out by pressure. So that was confusing me the most.

Ok I will let you know once I will check everything again ;)

Regards
Dawid

One more question, should I see a mist, small boobles are some times there isnt anything?

I still don't know how you split up the devises, have you split the C02 line after the bubble counter ?

Yes you can see a fine mist but if the flow is coming out of a spray bar with lots of holes then you will need to look closely to see any micro bubbles.

One good quality atomiser will effectively dose at least 180 lts, how big is your tank?

OK then:

Starting from the bottle:
1- splitter like this one: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0395832776
2- valves to regulate co2 like this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0437570273
3- booble counter
4- atomizer

but I also tryed from the FE bottle without any valves, booble ounter etc straight into atomiser and still didnt work. The pressure in pipes is high, but no idea why it doesnt want to go through atomiser. Another thing i noticed, that once I disconected the pipe from atomiser, some of the water came into atomiser from the filter pipe , and once i connected everything again, the co2 just push the water back, but still no diffusing.

My tank is 180litres (Rio 180)

Atomisers I bought:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0635737776

The one which worked is 12/16 but now the same thing as other, even if I connect it without any valves, etc. (it was like a mist with small boobles)

Also because Ive got only 1 booble counter at this moment I was putting it for both and once I increased the co2, the boobles are showing then slowly stop, increase again, few boobles and then again stop. And after that when I opened the booble counter it was like little bomb and whole water just went off.

Sorry for my English, still learning,

Regards
Dawid

All I can say is - there are lots of us using the same device with no problems but the normal fitting is .....

FE - pressure regulator set at 2 bar - bubble counter - atomiser.

They do however clog up after some time, you then need to clean them in bleach but this can take months of use before they slow up.

I suspect you don't have enough pressure or a possible a leak along the line.

When using a splitter you're presented with the following problem, gas will always take the path of least resistance, so if you have 2 atomisers then they're bound to be slightly different, one of them will operate at a lower pressure than the other, which is why only one will work, it can be difficult to get 2 atomisers using a splitter working correctly.

Hi
What Co2 tubing are you using?
You mentioned pumps do you mean external filters?
You need to use stiff Pneumatic tubing on the push fit needle valves and on other components of the set up if you intend to run 1.7 bar and above.
Also a Co2 check valve situated before the atomiser will help stop the back flow of water into the atomiser chamber.
hoggie

Maybe your CO2 is dissolving in the filter pipes before it reaches the tank which is why you cant see it. If as you say the water is getting pushed from the diffuser back into the filter pipes, then it should be working. If you hold you ear close to it and you can hear a fizzing type noise then it is working.

Hahaha it works :D

I dont know how but it works ^^ I was trying to connect it so many times yesterday, I spent whole day on that, and it still didnt work. Today I tryed one more time, the left one worked, then I tryed on the right one, it also worked! However, I will leave just one of them as I dont want to make it doesnt work again. And like one of ukaps members say before, 1 atomisers should be enough for 180 litres.

What I will do is just to extend my spray bar just a little as it already cover 3/4 tank and the eheim spray bar which is just 1/4 of the lenght of the tank will be placed just under the other ;)

Ahh what i did also I removed booble counter, as I will need new one, so I will measure the co2 level for a while by looking on co2 drop checker. Good idea?

Regards
Dawid

Hello

One day it worked and on the second it didnt.

There is definetely problem with pressure;/ as I dont think there are any leaks.
Guys how can I increase the pressure? Im giving maximum on the regulator but it nothing changed. When it comes to normal glass diffuser then yes, but no with atomisers.

So once again, guys any idea how to increase the pressure?

Regards
Dawid

Hi

The bar which are showed is 1,4. However, even if I will give it to max, still stays the same.

For 20min my dad will be back so we will check it together and try to increase the pressure.

Back