• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Teen scapers?

I'm 15, and the parents pay for my hobby... Well, I normally spend my Birthday and Christmas money on fish stuff.

I've sold a few plants to make a bit of money towards my tanks and I'm going to be selling some shrimp soon to try and get another £25 that I need to stock my Mbuna tank (the fish alone will cost £105, so it's a good job I'm getting the rocks from a mate!).

Most of my hobby so far has been spent in my teen years. Technically I'm not a teen anymore though.
I was able to afford things by getting a job at LFS. Very handy working in an LFS because I got discount too :clap:
Seeing what is on offer in the for sale section also shaves off the cost somewhat.

I'm 16, and work part-time at Next, I do 20 hours a week at £6 an hour so it's a neat earner, I also work at Maidenhead aquatics part-time too.

I came into the hobby as a teen, I'm now 22 and I like Tom paid for almost everything using EMA, I was working at the same time however and I had alot more disposable income than I do now as a full time student who'd kill for a job.
If you're strapped for cash, buy sensible second hand stuff and grow out some plants emerse.

You can make money but so little it's probably not worth it. I've got one or two interesting plants growing in jam jars, kilner flasks work too. Alas this isn't a hobby you can turn into a business from your home, you can sell cuttings and such if the healths good and shrimps but that's about it.

I'm not sure whether or not to sell some of my shrimp to fund my Mbuna project. I don't really want to wipe out much of my colony, but I need the money. Decisions decisions. :)

Cool, I am looking for a job at the moment, iv'e been turned down by McDonald's 4 times now!
I have decent grades and i'm not an blahblahblahblahblahblahblah either, I swear :p

I'm 15 too, and my parents pay for my hobby. But I live in Hungary. :) I started when i was 13. It's not a cheap hobby, but every hobby are expensive if you are serious. (Is it make sence?) :)

inadsz said:
I'm 15 too, and my parents pay for my hobby. But I live in Hungary. :) I started when i was 13. It's not a cheap hobby, but every hobby are expensive if you are serious. (Is it make sence?) :)

I understand what you mean, some stamps are worth pennies in stamp collecting, some are worth thousands!

Back