• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Get excited and make something.

Looking at all the lovely japanese tanks seems to me that they have an amazing selection of rock compared with us. Manten Stone by the ton!

I actually believe that the rocks and wood do not make the scapes. It's more than that, the attention to detail, balance, colours and the way all is presented, that is what makes the scapes ao amazing!

ghostsword said:
I actually believe that the rocks and wood do not make the scapes. It's more than that, the attention to detail, balance, colours and the way all is presented, that is what makes the scapes ao amazing!

Now Luis! It is clearly the rocks and wood that MAKE the scape, but it is the attention to detail, balance, colours and the way all is presented that make them truly amazing scapes! ;)

:) Yes, having rocks and wood make the scape, but not if they are manten rock, or other exotic variety. At least on my opinion.

For example, wood is wood, but I prefer manzanita because of the shapes and colour it has, but without more skill than having good wood at home the scape will be just a basic scape.

Ok, George F did a iwagumi with Seiryu stone, sand and grass. On paper looks very simple, but when I saw it in front of me it was shocking how attention to detail, good plant quality and how the rocks were setup that made the scape.

Graeme also did an amazing scape with moss, a log of oak and some plants, no substrate or rocks.

wow, stunning last couple of pages, serious skills on that website !!

thats a wieeeeerd looking outflow, dont know if i like it or not haha.

it doesnt fit the bill for the 'stealth' look and probably isnt going to give as good flow at a spray bar, kind of im limbo haha

ype=jpg&i=http%3A%2F%2Fpds%2Eexblog%2Ejp%2Fpds%2F1%2F201005%2F05%2F70%2Fe0134470%5F1545872%2Ejpg.jpg

Really nice!

Darrel might no better but I don't think the roots largely care, they'll just treat it as though they're growing in a small pocket of soil on a scree and produce aeroid roots and carry on as such.

That's probably where the idea came from, very few new ideas are that.

Back