• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

fish for small coldish planted tank

gmartins

Hi,

currently i'm more into the plants stuff but I may benefit the overall looks of the tank if some animal life is added.

I've got a 12l high tech, low light tank with no heater. Water temp is approximately 18-19C now but it may drop to 15C during winter (non-heated house). I currently have 9 red cherries in there, but i'd like to get some fish.

I understand my limitations (size and temp) but does anyone has any idea?

cheers,

GM

White cloud mountain minnows spring to mind?
Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom said:
12l might not be enough space for quick-swimmers like danios, but otherwise that would have been my suggestion.

I agree with you Tom :oops: Ater my post I realised the tank size would not be appropriate for active swimmers like the Danios

Dario dario would be suitable, other than that I can't think of any suitable fish that would be able to cope with the lower temperatures.

dario dario have a temperature range of between 20-28 I don't think I'd call them cold water? Coldwater generally means bigger fish and you then have defra restrictions and so on.

hi,

thanks all for your suggestions.

I had though about the zebra danio my self but I agree that they may not be appropriate as true fast-swimmers.

I like the idea of the white cloud mountain minnows :thumbup: I did not know they enjoyed coldish water.

GM

Hi GM
Yeah they feel quite at home in cold water I've got them in a goldfish tank in the coldest room in the house
Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back