• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where to get CO2 Cannisters and Refills

could you please add:-

Day's Diversified Services
Meadow Street
Swansea
SA1 6RZ

they will do refills for £3.00- 2kg FE

SteveUK said:
It might be worth adding these entries to the UKAPS google map I started (see signature), and we've been collectively adding members and now LFS's too. We could add CO2 refills to it maybe?

If I get time this weekend I'll look into it :)
Well I put these all onto a google map when they first came out and I update it when I change the post so the info is all there. I'm not sure that putting everything on one map is a good idea. For a start the more cluttered the map the more difficult it is to find what you're looking for. What we want ideally is a layers system where we can merge the maps you want to see, but also be able to switch off the 'noise'.

As a long time internet user I'd also really like to see a 'last updated' tag added to each point, be it member, review, LFS or CO2. The world seems to change faster than we can update and it's well worth knowing how out of date the info you're looking at is. Edit - Doh! Just realised that google beat me to it! Probably worth keeping the ones on the CO2 as they're not necessarily in date when added to the map ;)

Anyway, feel free to take the points, I'll continue to keep a CO2 refills map which mirrors the post here.

gollum456 said:
could you please add:-

Day's Diversified Services
Meadow Street
Swansea
SA1 6RZ

they will do refills for £3.00- 2kg FE
Done, thanks for the update :)

Egmel, when I posted I hadn't noticed that you'd already made a separate map. I said on the members map that it would be a lot of work to merge the two together.

Regards to the "last updated", I don't think that's a feature included in Google Maps atm. Another way to do it is to include a "creation date" or "last updated date" in the tag? That way you can easily identify if you to review the information.

ive got another to add, couldnt see how to add it to the map

£10 for permanent bottle rent, £10 for refill. not sure what the size is but it the big fat ones that fit in a 76cm tall cabinet and last for ages :D

CO2 Services
Address: Bumble Bee Garage, Church St, Connah's Quay, Deeside, Clwyd CH5 4AR
Postcode: CH5 4AR
City/Town: Connah's Quay, Deeside (Flintshire)
Main phone: 01244 818187

@Stu, Done :)

morefirejules08 said:
hi
are there any place to get refill in the newmarket/bury st edmunds/ cambridge area?

cheers
Hiya, the map suggest that the closest tried and tested to you is Peterborough, if you find anything more local then be sure to let us know so we can add it here :)

After much searching i have found a place which seems reasonable on price regarding refills in my area. Cambridge beers in burwell. initial cost of a 5kg cylinder is £45 which includes a £15 deposit, when you return for your first refill you get the £15 back and refills are £23 for 5kg!

freelanderuk said:
Hi all , i am new here and just thought i would share this with you all ,

just had my 2kg co2 bottle filled at

Lindum Fire Services LTD,
unit 7 Newporte Business Park,
Cardinal Close,
Lincoln,
LN2 4SY
tel 01522 540519

Ask for Tom To arrange filling , will fill for you there and then if the opperator is there if not drop of and pick up next day

2KG bottle filled £3

Just wanted to say that I went there today after reading here that they refilled, only to be told that they wouldn't touch my extinguisher with a 20' pole. Spoke to Tom and he said that it had no service label or horn & when I mentioned what I use it for he refused point blank to do anything. He said that it would cost over £20 to refill anyway.

Samurai303 said:
Just wanted to say that I went there today after reading here that they refilled, only to be told that they wouldn't touch my extinguisher with a 20' pole. Spoke to Tom and he said that it had no service label or horn & when I mentioned what I use it for he refused point blank to do anything. He said that it would cost over £20 to refill anyway.
Okey doke, I've updated it to say he wont accept FEs

morefirejules08 said:
After much searching i have found a place which seems reasonable on price regarding refills in my area. Cambridge beers in burwell. initial cost of a 5kg cylinder is £45 which includes a £15 deposit, when you return for your first refill you get the £15 back and refills are £23 for 5kg!
Added thanks and sorry for the delay :)

idris said:
They're a drinks company so it's food grade CO2, not FE or welding mix.
I have had a FE filled before with the company Sunglint Hemel Hempstead.It was a few years back so they may have changed their policy by now.
hoggie

I'll be getting all my FE Co2 bits soon.
Ay suggestions on where i could get co2 refills?- im in East London.
I have had a look at the links in the thread, with wildwoods being the closest. They suggested they only do jbl bottles, and they charge £18 for a 500g bottle.

My initial apologies, I'm new here :) and I haven't read all of this particular thread :wideyed: however, having spent over 25 years as a hotelier (not any more) has anyone ever considered BOC.

Now if you have a local pub you frequent and are friendly with the landlord, then he maybe be able to get you Co2 from BOC, Co2 sizes 'were' 7lb (knee high) and 14lb (waist high) and he may even be able to get a reducing valve.

I've been out if the trade now for over 10 years but they can't be that much different, and refills would not be a problem, I do know BOC also operate agents throughout the UK.

Due to the size and weight of these cylinders they do require strapping into place, which is what the breweries do, (H&S).

Geoff

Hi Geaves,

I work at a uni and BOC were my backup plan if I couldn't find an option locally. In the end I didn't investigate them fully as I get mine from calor gas as it's easier on an ad-hoc basis and not that expensive. It'd be good to know if anyone does contact them as they might be an option for lots of people.

I have been using BOC for over a year now. depending how much gas you use depends how cheap it works out, as there is a monthly rental fee for the bottle relative to the size. the bottle i'm currently using is about £80 a year i think, and holds 35ish kgs of gas and cost about £35ish to fill. I cant remember exact figures, but can find out if any one needs them. the account was set up a while ago. this was the most economical way for me to purchase gas for my 7' tank however i seem to remember small refills worked out at £2 per kg so small tanks might not offer the saving.

this may help (if you can see it) there is also a £13.05 pick up charge and they wont deliver to domestic property's.

imag0129b.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Oooh, that's very useful info, I'll ad that to the main post.

Back