• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help please, noisy Eheim 2126

amy4342

Hi all

I've had my Eheim 2126 for about 8 years now, and it's always been great. All of a sudden, about 3 months ago, it suddenly became very noisy, sounding similar to when it's got air moving inside it. I stuck with it for about a month, because I was too busy to do anything about it basically, then remembered I've got another new 2126 spare, so thought I'd change the impeller and impeller shaft as I thought it was that. Then, literally the night I brought those home, the filter was silent, back to it's normal self. Stayed that way for about 4/5 weeks, then suddenly, the noise is back. It's driving me bonkers! If it's not the impeller or shaft then I have no idea what it could be. Any ideas?
Thanks

Oh, forgot to say, the noise can dissapear for a time, sometimes a few seconds, sometimes maybe half a minute if I'm lucky, but then it's back again. It's in my bedroom, so driving me insane!

Hi all,
I'd suggest the impeller bushes as well,the other possibility is one of the seals has a nick/flat spot in it and this is allowing air into the system.
Another thought is that something inthe tank has changed, and more detritus etc is building up in the hoses and impeding water flow. I've got a 2213 sat by the side of one tank, so it has a very minimal head between the tank and the filter, and it needs much more frequent cleaning than the other filters (all Eheim Classics) to stop it rattling.

cheers Darrel

Great, thanks for the suggestions people, I'll try those out asap.

Tom, are there rubber bits on both ends of the impeller shaft? I only found one on the removable end (if that makes sense), is there one inside also? Ooo, I hope it's that! I wonder how I lost it if it is? Lol.
Darrel, is there only the one seal around the head? I'm pretty sure it isn't a build up of detrius - cleaned the whole system recently-pipes, intake, filter, the lot - didn't make any difference.

So, I think I'll buy the impeller bushes and a seal, and see how that goes.
Thanks very much!

The bushes are important as they absorb the movement made by the propeller.

Back