• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

feeding cherry shrimp.

willow-puss

hi all, :wave:

finally got some cherry shrimp was wondering if I could add abit of varity to diet by giving them the odd piece of steamed veg; such as peas, cabbage, anything else that would be good for them?

many thanks.

beccy

Mine like blanched cucumber and lettuce (I blanch mine for a fair while until just befor it turns mushy - the cucumber will have a translucent sort of appearance)

I havent tried peas or cabbage :)

thanks for that jason,

I can't use cucumber as allergic :sick: (have to carry an epi pen), will try the lettuce.

did try a pea but totally igorned it.

cheers

beccy

mine love peas. I wack em in the microwave for about 20 secs to defrost, then cool them with cold water (don't want to burn their little mouths!) then I shell them and chuck em in. My 30ish shrimp can eat about 2 peas in a couple of days.

hi :wave:

spyder - courgette will be on the shopping list, my plec loves it too.

thanks for that

many thanks

beccy

pest control- so you don't actually cook your peas, you just defrost?

BF thinks i'm mad when i save the veg for my plec, and just stood there looking whilst i "shelled" the peas from the steamer... :lol:

beccy

hotweldfire- link was very intresting, will try to source some beech leafs next time we go for a walk- any other leaves that you know are safe that i could use?

many thanks

beccy

hi :wave:

THANK YOU- hotweldfire- for the link for"safe leaves" really good- lawns full of danelions so before we mow(if it ever stops raining :crazy: ) i'll get the kids to pic some.

kids school has got loads of nettles too at their school and they don't use sprays as in their "nature" area- bonus :thumbup:

once again many thanks

beccy

willow-puss said:
pest control- so you don't actually cook your peas, you just defrost?

BF thinks i'm mad when i save the veg for my plec, and just stood there looking whilst i "shelled" the peas from the steamer... :lol:

beccy

When I microwave them it defrosts them and softens them up a bit, but not a great deal.

My family have got used to my strange fish habits lol. At first they were horrified when they saw me dicing earthworms for my fish. :lol:

Back