• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Excel Help... please!!

Tom

I'm making an invoice form in Excel, but am having trouble with currency formats. I set all the cells with numbers in to "Currency", 2 decimal places, and £ symbol. All fine. Then if I save the file, close it and re-open it, when it comes back up it's all in US $ and the cell format is "Number", not "Currency". My language settings are English UK.

Any ideas? It's got me confused!

I seem to remember something similar with cm and inches. I think the settings in one part of Office (ie Word or Access) effect all the others. IIRC there's something in one of the settings windows that allows you to change the default for the whole of Office. But it's more than just setting the type of values in a column. If it's not in Office, try lopoint in the Regional Settings in Windows Control Panel.
Not sure that helps, but it's my best shot from a mobile device and no copy of Windows in front of me.

Back