• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

When Algae looks Good.

Stickleback

This is my very low tech, sunlight only tank and, as is usual in summer, the algae really goes for it.

I quite like it. I'm sure many will disagree and I welcome their comments.

Anyone else got any pics or opinions of when algae looks good.

135772058.OzzJ81Nd.Algae01.jpg

That does look very natural :) I've just let my Puffer tank do it's thing with algae - the rocks get covered in BBA which I think looks quite nice. I remember seeing a tank at ADC in London years ago with discus in that was pretty much 100% BBA covered. Intentional or not, it looked good.

Hi all,
I think it looks really good as well, just think of it as the entirely beneficial "biofilm" or "periphyton". I always think that if hard surfaces don't have any algae on them it looks strange and unnatural. In photosynthetic terms the "green algae" (Chlorophyta) are exactly the same as all the "higher plants", so you are very, very rarely going to have lush higher plant growth and no algae in natural situations. What is there not to like about this?

158.jpg

cheers Darrel

Back