• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

rio180,jungle attempt -Paintball Tank co2 setup-update 22/07

Re: rio180, attemp at fully planted- Paintball Tank co2 setu

umm not sure bud, i dont have a bubble counter just used the bubbles entering the diffuser as a rough guide then kept turning it up untill the fish went to the top, than backed it of a bit. but lasts me a couple of weeks. i think its only really suitable for smaller tanks and if i dint get free refills i would use a FE for convenience.

Looks really nice M_att, the plants are looking really healthy!

I like that cory shot :)
Do you train them to stay arranged like that :lol: ?

ha, funnily enough the other day, 3 of them were nose to tail going backwards accross the tank in a line, weaving round plants. they are so funny to watch.

Re: rio180,hairgrass lawn - Paintball Tank co2 setup

small update, few more cuttings from the plants added to the bare side, and a aponogeton crispus from MA a tropica one for a bargain £2.

22062011276.jpg

full tank shot

22062011284.jpg

its the juwel hilite t5's both tubes are daylight i think

update, few more plants added as they were complete bargains :) two tropica aponotegen crispus paid £2 each. and a massive echidorus ozelot xl plant, again tropica i got it for £10 as was raggy round the edges. but this thing was a 1.5ft tall and base size of fist, so took all the big and rottern leaves off and spilt in two and what remained was nice and healthy just shame it lost its height.

also trimmed the hairgrass rite down so it will spread better.

plans are some taller plants to fill the top level and few more around the newer bit of wood and hopefully end up with a tank of green :)

29062011329.jpg

29062011334.jpg

29062011336.jpg

29062011338.jpg

29062011340.jpg

29062011341.jpg

29062011342.jpg

Very lush and green. Reminds me of George's Mother Microsorium tank.

love that lawn M_att! Looks really healthy, well done!

small update, bit more grown in and some plants removed, hoping to get a few more over weekend :)

21072011417.jpg

Wow looks really nice mate, completely different to your first pic. If your ever getting rid of plants let me know he he.
Can't help but think it needs something with a bit of colour to break up the greens, maybe aponogeten crispus red or something in the back.
I'm envious anyway looks great

thanks bud, and as it happens the A. Crispus red is one of the plants i'm planing on next lol :)

It looks very nice mate, a great improvement from your first few pic's that you posted - are you just using the standard lights/tubes?

cheers, standard t5 juwell tubes just swapped one from nature to day as it was a bit yellow :)

Back