• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sulawesi Poso Shrimp?

Gill said:
Have you Seen the Rilli Shrimp Yet @ £9.99 each, Seen a Few on Ebay and Might get some depending on how they color up in a few weeks. They are not from Silane, but another Farm in Thailand.

I've seen these in the flesh.
They look great.
But! The breeder whose stock I was viewing warned me that they do not breed true (I appreciated his honesty). 1 in 10 offspring are rilis, 9 in 10 come out as normal cherry\sakura. So extensive selective breeding is needed to maintain the patterning.

Yeah, and I'll have a passport!
You best get saving for it, Paulo!

a1Matt said:
Gill said:
Have you Seen the Rilli Shrimp Yet @ £9.99 each, Seen a Few on Ebay and Might get some depending on how they color up in a few weeks. They are not from Silane, but another Farm in Thailand.

I've seen these in the flesh.
They look great.
But! The breeder whose stock I was viewing warned me that they do not breed true (I appreciated his honesty). 1 in 10 offspring are rilis, 9 in 10 come out as normal cherry\sakura. So extensive selective breeding is needed to maintain the patterning.

Yep I understand the Ratios from Silane's and others threads.

LondonDragon said:
Next year at Vivarium is going to be fun!! Can already imagine all the shrimp I will be coming back with! lol

OMG Yes, If i go I would need at least £500 to spend on Shrimp and Products.

Back