• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

IAPLC 2011 entries

Wow, more entries from Spain than the UK.

Do people stop entering if they do not have a chance of getting into the top 100?

There have been some really nice scapes here for the past year, way more than 14 for sure. :)

Good luck to all UKAPS entrants! I guess George was right, many have a different approach and do not want to enter competitions. (I've seen too many inspirational and really great tanks here, on UKAPS... ;) )

On the other side - our side, I think we - here in Hungary - were a bit more successful at communicating that contest results are less important, BUT being there and represent our country is the main goal. Regardless of the results. This (the numbers) will give strength and inspiration to others - both current forum members and newcomers to get out there and build something that is pleasing to the eye. ;) :idea:

iaplc2011.jpg

Completely agree, the result is not as important as taking part.

I feel that I learn from year to year, and although I do not expect to end up on the 1st 100, I am very happy to be able to see my skills improving, and enjoying the whole experience. :)

Good luck to all entrants. :)

Yep, good luck guys. I feel there should be few strong results this year ;)
I wish I had something ready to enter but the only one completed tank so far was submitted into ASE.

Antoni said:
Very well done, Victor! Love those scapes!

cant wait for the other 2..... :thumbup:

Thank you my friend. :angelic:

stuworrall said:
#577 - The Unknown Valley

Very nice scape my friend. Yup maybe you're right the fishes on the photo looks a bit small in real life they could be amazing, but they are fast moving ones hard to capture and with more ligth they just burn into the scape sometimes.
The front part is a bit dark but otherwise i love it.
Is this the Needle or the Narrow leaf version of Microsorum?

viktorlantos said:
Antoni said:
Very well done, Victor! Love those scapes!

cant wait for the other 2..... :thumbup:

Thank you my friend. :angelic:

stuworrall said:
#577 - The Unknown Valley

Very nice scape my friend. Yup maybe you're right the fishes on the photo looks a bit small in real life they could be amazing, but they are fast moving ones hard to capture and with more ligth they just burn into the scape sometimes.
The front part is a bit dark but otherwise i love it.
Is this the Needle or the Narrow leaf version of Microsorum?

Thanks Viktor. Yes the rasboras are lost in this scape so bigger fishes next time.

The dark bit was by design as a cliff but I never factored in about the ferns growing over the edge then removing all the light when it came to photo time. a lesson learned for the next scape :)

The ferns are a mix of needle, narrow, normal and some small growing ones that I dont know the names of.

Cant wait to see your 80 placed scape :)

Back