• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What Pedal Does a Saracen Rufftrax use?

Ben M

Hi, I broke the pedal on my mum's Saracen Rufftrax , but I can't find anywhere which pedal it uses. It is relatively old, It might be about 1998. Do you know which pedal I should get to replace the broken one?

cheers,
Ben :D

All pedals fit the same, so buy any suitable pair and fit them, job done :)

As said, the only issue is if it's chinese, sometime they have anomolous sizings on mtb's. Simply wind the peddals off and take them into anywhere, your local bike shop being the first point of call and ask for a similar set and you'll be fine.

Just be glad it's not like my french racer which is made almost entirely of non-standard parts!

Thanks, I would take the pedal into the shop, only I can't take them off. I have tried everything but they won't budge. How should they come off?

cheers :D

You should have a pedal spanner, they then wind off easily. Just take the bike to the shop?

They will be on reverse threads by all accounts so that the direction of pedalling doesn't loosen the pedal!

Back