• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

lukes first riparium!

how are you keeping everything moist? are you useing a bottle mister?

or a mister that you can use for dart frogs? (electronic one?)

thanks guys!

as these are all emmergant plants any way, or house plants they dont need to keep moist. plants like the spathiluim(peace lilly) in their natural habitat they live on river banks or in really moist soil so their roots a near enough submerged all the time. Other ripariums need to be kept moist as they have submerged plants grown emmersed, like crypts and mosses. This style of riparium needs constant misting and a portion of the tank covered, the style of plants i chose makes it easier to manage but still has the same great effect

havent posted for so long! ive brought a house moved and and this is my tank now!!

DSCF0333.jpg

obviously not a riparium! but i am setting it up back to its fomer glory! more updates soon

havent posted for so long! ive brought a house moved and and this is my tank now!!

DSCF0333.jpg

obviously not a riparium! but i am setting it up back to its fomer glory! more updates soon

sorted out the tank ready to recieve the planters again, have had to order a couple of bits that i had lost/damaged. then need to search for some acceptable riparium plants.

DSCF0339.jpg

DSCF0337.jpg

yeah i know that but you then have to consider covering at least some of the the tank, getting a mister and actually converting the submerged to emmersed!

i mainly focused on using house plants like spathilium and pond/marginal plants like "creeping jenny"

Nopes, that is slightly incorrect.
dr zaius said:
yeah i know that but you then have to consider covering at least some of the the tank, getting a mister and actually converting the submerged to emmersed!

i mainly focused on using house plants like spathilium and pond/marginal plants like "creeping jenny"

This is what I have on the garden, in London:
5835246407_e802b9767e.jpg
Polygonum sp? by GHOSTSWORD, on Flickr

5775273037_f8a468ca68.jpg
Untitled by GHOSTSWORD, on Flickr

About the other plants, look on the planted tanks website, they sell marginal plants.. :) or check out garden centers. :)

ok cool, ive got a couple of plants already, whats the first plant you have in that picture looks really good?! want to send me a cutting?! lol

Acorus Gramineus Ogen ( Golden Japanese Rush )
Cyperus Aternofolius ( Umbrella Palm )
Chamaedorea elegans (palour palm)
Pilea cadierei (Silver tree)
Pilea
lysimachia nummularia (creeping jenny)
diffenbachia
spathilium (peace lilly)
Houttuynia cordata (chameleon plant)
Houttuynia Cordata Plena (rainbow chameleon)

list of plants in my previous set up

have a new tank! its the same litre as the previous set up but its a long. Still waiting on some riparium supplies then ill plant up.

CIMG7707.jpg

CIMG7708.jpg

good idea but id need to cover the tank for humidity and am not going for emmersed plants as ive hung the light, i have another tank with a musk turtle in which im thinking about doing a humid riparium with emmersed plants like crypts and some of the plants you mentioned above!

Back