• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

TYING FISSIDENS TO DRIFTWOOD

faizal

Can we use regular cotton thread to tie mosses to driftwoods? Will it pose any problems later on during the course of the tank?

u can but with fissidens being so fine its challenging.

I normally superglue it myself, works very well

faizal said:
Can we use regular cotton thread to tie mosses to driftwoods? Will it pose any problems later on during the course of the tank?
You can use cotton thread, after a couple of months it will attach itself to the wood and then you can remove if wanted, don't tie it too strong though to avoid killing it.

andyh said:
u can but with fissidens being so fine its challenging.

I normally superglue it myself, works very well

Cheers andyh!! How long do we have to wait before submerging the wood?

LondonDragon said:
You can use cotton thread, after a couple of months it will attach itself to the wood and then you can remove if wanted, don't tie it too strong though to avoid killing it.

Thanks Paolo!! I think I try both ways & see which works well for me. :D Thanks guys.

Superglue bonds pretty fast. A minute would probably do. Have seen some people on shrimpnow say they use it underwater as this apparently cures it although that seems like madness to me.

Unless I'm attaching to an awkwardly shaped rock I use invisible cotton thread. It's basically fishing line I think so you have to be careful with something as fine as fissidens.

hotweldfire said:
Superglue bonds pretty fast. A minute would probably do. Have seen some people on shrimpnow say they use it underwater as this apparently cures it although that seems like madness to me.

Unless I'm attaching to an awkwardly shaped rock I use invisible cotton thread. It's basically fishing line I think so you have to be careful with something as fine as fissidens.

ive used superglue underwater on moss, it works great. you need the gel ones though

Back