• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Re: Tom's Bucket O' Mud - Fish pics page 8

cool shot, very natural. Just wait for them to really color up, such a deep burnt sienna color

Re: Tom's Bucket O' Mud - New pics 14/04

BigTom said:
Flash helps :lol:

bm2r.jpg
Amazing shot tom :thumbup: Love the browns in the image and as George said looks very natural

Great shot,and when you consider the size of these,it makes it an even better shot :thumbup: ,

john.

Tanks is taking shape now, looks amazing and that photo is great too :) congrats
Any shots of the emersed plants? and full tank? ;)

Cheers LD. I'm pretty happy with how its looking at the moment under the water (or, I will be once the final lot of crypts stop melting!). The emersed section is currently marred by a half-built light fixture and some yellowing of the prayer plant, but promise to put some fts up before I go away again this weekend.

As promised, full tank shot before I go off again. Haven't time to set up properly, but it'll do for the record. Have condensed the emersed plants back into one corner and given the prayer plant a pretty heavy trim as the old leaves were yellowing a bit. Seems to be a shortage of something, will try and figure out what next time I'm home.

Also ignore the still half-built light fitting :p

CtT3LO.jpg

Last edited:

I really like this concept. It must be like having a fish tank and an indoor pond all in one.

fandango said:
I really like this concept. It must be like having a fish tank and an indoor pond all in one.

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with how things are going so far. Reasonable plant growth given I'm not brave enough to leave co2 unattended like you! BTW, really enjoyed your journal but not sure I ever commented on it.

Really lovely tank! Maybe what's missing is the transition between the water and the high echinodorus? You could soften with the right plant, maybe bolbitus?

Yeah, it's on my to-do list. There's some dwarf papayrus that's struggling to break the surface at the moment, which should ease the transition a bit. I've been holding off sorting it out until I've moved the lights, as that'll throw more light into that area of shadow.

Well, back from another 5 weeks of tank neglect and everything looks good. Fish looking plump and happy, most of the plants are healthy, no algae, lillies are flowering again and the triffid is now 4 feet tall. Crypts finally melted shortly after I left but there is decent regrowth.

A wide shot, will take some more once I've had a bit of a tidy up -

a2TJSN.jpg

Last edited:

Still looking Gorgeous...

This tank looks amazing, I love the 'three-dimensional' quality of it that is lacking in most tanks. Such a nice addition to a living space.

Did you get any photos of the setup out of curiosity?

I just love this tank, it is such a beauty, and would be perfect on a school or nursery, where the kids could see at their eye level how amazing an aquarium would look like.

I really like it.! :thumbup:

Thanks again guys.

Neil, I did take some at setup but can't find them on my hard drive any more. It was a very gradual process though, most of the plants were added over a period of time after the tank was flooded, due to money and time constraints and holdups with the orders I placed around Christmas (snow etc), so the setup shots aren't particularly illuminating.

Have added a few more emergent plants to fill out the transition between the water and the triffid (which has roots across the entire 9 square feet of substrate now!) and had a bit of a tidy up. Some photos -

New and improved emergent planting...
MfD0bf.jpg

It's a jungle out there...
5m4KOa.jpg

Little fish in a big pond...
Oqn9v6.jpg

Lilly spathe...
LoCoiI.jpg

Last edited:
Back