• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Seneye USB parameter sensor

Looks really clever - depending upon cost it could be a really good way of monitoring a few water levels. Not that sure how useful it is going to be ultimately. It only monitors the "killer" items and if I'm not at home there's not a lot I could actually do... That said, I'm sure if it's successful then it will end up with TDS and other chemical monitors in too.

However it's price would have to be less than the cost of an Ammonia & pH kit.

If it is going to be somehow accurate for 99 I am going to buy it. And it is made in the UK :)

Radik said:
If it is going to be somehow accurate for 99 I am going to buy it. And it is made in the UK :)

Agreed,If it is that sort of money I would be interested.I like that fact that you can monitor your tank whilst you are away from home,OK you may not be able to solve the problem so in that respect not much help

I'm sure it wont beat Apogee but a fairly reasonable indication on PAR would be awesome.
I wonder what the pH range is for the Reef version because our planted tanks wont be anywhere near 8.2, so we might not get decent results. Not that pH matters in the scheme of things.

£99 for the 'reef' version, not bad for PAR, LUX and Kelvin meter along with free ammonia monitoring, pH monitoring, water level, general light, and temperature monitoring.

They have a home and pond version which I expect to be less.

I'll be getting one so expect a write up :)

... this maybe how they make money. I don't need to check my tank details online. :)

Just need the tool to see the par, and at most the ph, although only worried about ph swings.

Thanks for the link, will be good when the device is released.

Just asked them if they could add Co2, even if it's just using KH and pH, an early warning system for overdosing on Co2 would be useful for us lot!

Heads UP! This has been released this week and my Seneye Reef is on the way to my home. I hope there will be no disappointment.

They have the Reed\Planted tank version in stock too.

Seneye reef product is aimed at reef aquarium keepers and planted aquarium owners. The device has a full light meter able to measure LUX, Kelvin and PAR.

Easy to use
Constantly monitoring
reliable and accurate early warning before fish killed
convenient and suitable alerts
clear explaination of the problem
correct advice

Seneye will be the first combined product to constantly monitor life critical parameters for both freshwater or saltwater aquatics.

The device will be available with a wired USB connection and with an optional wireless module to increase range and convenience. With an optional USB power adaptor it can work autonomously. Easy to understand feedback is created on the device using indicator lights.

The results are displayed on the customers computer and also online, allowing for remote monitoring. The sophisticated software analyses the results and warns before the fish will become harmed.

Features

multiple parameters monitored
remains constantly in aquarium
constantly monitors 4 key life critical parameters
additional measurement of 6 parameters
cost
RRP from £59.99
support plan from £5.99 montly
easy to use
uses standard USB connector to any PC
doesnt need computer connection
remote monitoring
text message and online results with predications and advice

Please note you have to replace the consumable slide which tests the PH and NH3 which lasts for 1 month and makes nearly 3000 readings each month.

Nice bit of kit, shame my aquarium is too far away from my server, I don't want to leave my computer on all the time to be able to receive this data (my server is low power and on 24/7 anyway).

Back