• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anti-kink tubing adapters

GHNelson

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
When I used to water cool PCs a few years back, people used to use these things to prevent kinks. I cant find any for a 22mm OD though in the couple of minutes I had to look.

They work really well actually.

I have never used them personally, as I never had the need to, but I have seen them in use. As you can imagine, sometimes you need to make very tight bends within a PC case, so we use really soft tubing to enable that (really expensive Tygon branded stuff was most popular for large tubes - Its the same stuff they use in hospitals). Obviously it has the disadvantage of easily kinking. These spirals work in a similar way to pipe benders, giving the walls more rigidity without loosing flexibility. Well worth a go I would say, and sound perfect for what the OP is requesting.

They work really well actually.

I have never used them personally, as I never had the need to, but I have seen them in use. As you can imagine, sometimes you need to make very tight bends within a PC case, so we use really soft tubing to enable that (really expensive Tygon branded stuff was most popular for large tubes - Its the same stuff they use in hospitals). Obviously it has the disadvantage of easily kinking. These spirals work in a similar way to pipe benders, giving the walls more rigidity without loosing flexibility. Well worth a go I would say, and sound perfect for what the OP is requesting.

[edit]BTW - The elbow you added to your first reply will definitely effect flow.[/edit]

[edit 2}Arrgh! I was editing (as i saw hogans second link) when you replied... sorry [/edit]

skeletonw00t said:
Thanka Hogan, those 2nd ones look like they are perfect. But do you know if these will negatively affect flow?
Hi
I wouldn't have thought that much....are they to go over the glass of the aquarium ?
Or why not make your own with some acrylic tubing.
hoggie

Eheim make the anti-crimp bend sections, I have a good handful - I think they were from AquaEssentials but I've had them a good few years now.

nry said:
Eheim make the anti-crimp bend sections, I have a good handful - I think they were from AquaEssentials but I've had them a good few years now.
Is that the plastic ones?
hoggie

Back