• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

P@H/Coopet Nano cube

madlan said:
You wouldn’t buy a cheap vacuum cleaner and accept the fact it has sucked up your cats and dogs!

I don't think that it is a fair comment,
Isn't the tank great quality? Isn't the light good enough? The glass alone is worth the money.

I threw the filter away, did not used it, looked too weak, but the tank was a good value for money.

ghostsword said:
madlan said:
You wouldn’t buy a cheap vacuum cleaner and accept the fact it has sucked up your cats and dogs!

I don't think that it is a fair comment,
Isn't the tank great quality? Isn't the light good enough? The glass alone is worth the money.

I threw the filter away, did not used it, looked too weak, but the tank was a good value for money.

We are in the minority by quite a large margin, most owners will see no reason to replace the filter wondering why they are losing live stock. Low quality is not the issue, killing fish/shrimp consistently and needlessly is.

ghostsword said:
madlan said:

The glass alone is worth the money and a decent light is a nice bonus. But we're not talking about value for money here Luis. If the filter was simply a bit weak, didn't have much media capacity, or was even unreliable I wouldn't be complaining.

However, it has a serious and easily avoidable design flaw which leads to the death of livestock. For a major aquarium retailer to be selling this thing, knowing how small the livestock in a nano are likely to be is, IME, totally unacceptable and irresponsible.

I bought one of these as a present for a mate who is setting up for his 3 year old. Thank god he hasn't got round to doing so yet. Can you imagine the effect of what I saw on a 3 year old? Watching his favourite fish get minced? Come on.

very true. i am still going to buy more while they are in the shop however as the tank is such a bargain for the glass alone. I will however mention the filter to the staff even thou this will potentially speed up the removal of this excellent value product from P@H, you can't ignore the welfare of the livestock if you are in this hobby.

Pets at Home's motto - Where the pets come first.

Best Regards,
John

Another less important design flaw with this tank is the glass lid - there's no handle! It's a pain lifting it for feeding and maintenance, but I still really like these tanks. I can't see a problem with these filters - Mine doesn't seem to have any suction from that particular hole. My Betta has sat on top of it overnight with no issues. I have lowered the water-line anyway since reading about the problem!

Tom

I plan on getting my local glazer to cut two corners off the lid for the inflow and outflow of my eheim. I might need to source some new straight lid holders thou. I think TGM stock them.

Hijac - The lid holders from the ADA tanks fit nicely - I have just swapped mine for the ones that came with the Mini M

IMG_3269.jpg

The plastic ones are now on my emersed setup rather than a tuppaware lid!

IMG_3283.jpg

Tom said:
Another less important design flaw with this tank is the glass lid - there's no handle! It's a pain lifting it for feeding and maintenance, but I still really like these tanks. I can't see a problem with these filters - Mine doesn't seem to have any suction from that particular hole. My Betta has sat on top of it overnight with no issues. I have lowered the water-line anyway since reading about the problem!

Tom

In that case I think there's a production fault with some of them rather than a design fault. I.e. a batch have not had that hole properly sealed. When I lowered the water line the filter stopped working and made whirring noises suggesting it was drawing in most of the water through the hole rather than through the sponge.

Good to know about the TGM hinges should I ever go hi-tech with this tank.

Its still a piece of crap, but after sealing mine up properly,= its working much better. Its pretty quiet now too...

Just to update what I've heard about availability of these tanks.

P@H should be restocking these soon. Any remaining have been recalled to be repackaged. Apparently, (I haven't checked this myself) the 30cm 27 litre is actually 26 litres. So the same tank, same manufacturer and should be back on P@H shelves soon.

Just to clarify, i have the 15ltr version and i cant see anywhere on the filter where livestock could be sucked in. Is this just the 27ltr were on about here?

Back