• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Can anyone give me advice on 'flow' please.......

hudsonpd

From another thread I posted in the algae forum, Ive concluded I need to review my flow rates.

My tank is approx 180l and 1m long, 55 cm deep

I only have a Fluval 305, so using manufacturers guide I make that just 5 times flow.

I'm not currently using spray bars, I've thought about it be the Fluval ones I've seen wouldn't reach thr whole length of the tank.

How do I best improve the flow? Change the filter? I don't think a 405 would be good enought either.

Should I just add a lowercase pump? And if so, where do I place it to maximise the effect? I currently have the inlet and outlet and opposite back corners as Fluval recommend.

What does everyone think?

having the inlet and outlet placed opposite corners does not work great for flow...

this is what you want to achieve:

03.jpg

adding a powerhead where the diffuser is is a great way to add more flow..

yea pretty much, except i use a spraybar on the left hand side instead of the lily pipe, and my diffuser is under the spraybar...

yeah it should do exactly the same, i ran mine for about 18 months like that and the flow was just fine with one fx5, two must be crazy...

Back