• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Update on the 80cm 33USgallon

Fred Dulley

In March, I changed the tank to suit a more Nature'Scape like that of Amano.

Here's a pic before and after the change.

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

The tank recently came under attack from BGA. My fault as I didn't stock up with enough plants. I proceeded with a 5day black out and have added fast growers. Nutrients and CO2 are being kept up to give the plants the best. I've also added a drop checker complete with 4 dKH solution to ensure my CO2 levels are correct.
The tank is no way near complete. I'm just having a bit of fun, getting used to the maintenance and growing the plants before I take out all of the fast growers and add the final plants for the proper scape.
Enough talk, here are the pics.

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

Thanks for looking. Any questions just ask.

beeky said:
Nice arrangement. I love the last photo.

What plants have you got in there? Looks like H.polysperma?

Thanks beeky.
Indeed it is.
There is also Bacopa carolina and Ludwigia repens. It's mostly H.polysperma though.

Hi Fred,
That's pretty. :D Love the warm earth tone of the gravel. What substrate is that? What plants were you planning for the final scape?

Cheers,

ceg4048 said:
Hi Fred,
That's pretty. :D Love the warm earth tone of the gravel. What substrate is that? What plants were you planning for the final scape?

Cheers,

Hey Clive. Thanks :)
It's ADA Aqua soil Malaya.
I'm planning on Anubias Bateri on the rocks. Possibly Glosso at the front and then maybe Echinodorus tenellus behind that. Rotala sp. green and Ludwigia arcuata mid/back.

George Farmer said:
Nice hardscape, Fred.

Plants and their composition next, my friend.

Thanks George, it means alot. After all, your work was the inspiration. I really went for it with the hardscape and hoped I had pulled it off. :?
Indeed, the final scape should be fun. No doubt I'll be back for suggestions on plant positioning. :D

Is it possible to move the far right rock? Is it one piece? At the moment it starts low and goes up towards the right, just wondered if it would look better turned round so it's higher in the middle and drops to the right.

Just an idea.

beeky said:
Is it possible to move the far right rock? Is it one piece? At the moment it starts low and goes up towards the right, just wondered if it would look better turned round so it's higher in the middle and drops to the right.

Just an idea.

Oh ok, I understand you. I'll have a play around today. Thanks :)

LondonDragon said:
Looking much better Fred, congrats :)
You been watching too many of Georges videos hehe keep up the good work

Cheers!
Haha, well I've been doing my fair share of research ;) Hopefully things can only get better now.

Fred Dulley said:
Cheers!
Haha, well I've been doing my fair share of research ;) Hopefully things can only get better now.
So far its paying off, I have the same tank as yours also, but I like more of a jungle, many types and plants all over the place, if I get my new 500l up and running soon then I will rescape my Rio with something more "Amano" in mind ;)

Back