• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55 Over and out.

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 'Ruby' Run out of superglue!

viktorlantos said:
man i die for your pictures.

The last of the setup pics :D just for you Viktor.

So, apart from some moss stones, and maybe a bit of moss on the wood, i'm about done.

I've had the MH lamps on for an hour, which triggered a bout of pearling. I may though, stay away from MH for a few week, just to be safe.

A couple of angle pics to show the stems in the back. You'll notice the classic ADA tannings being released.

This shows how dense the mid ground is planted.

side-2.jpg

The stems...

top-1.jpg

and a side ways on look at life...

angle1-2.jpg

See you in a few weeks :thumbup:

viktorlantos said:
Ah man, just pack it i will PM you the address

we can swap :lol:

I've just put some of the media from my 60L tank filter in to this one to help speed up the process of cycling, and to take off the pressure whilst i'm away.

My weekly diary works out OK actually.

Away Monday and Tuesday, back Wednesday night...water change, and then away Thursday, back Friday.

My mum, will dose on Tuesday and Thursday. Happy days!

well...i saw this in the flesh today. I nipped around to Marks this afternoon. Can i just say the quality of this scape is awesome, and i mean awesome. The depth of the tank is superb and the plant quality is fantastic. It was pearling like a goon un this afters. This WILL look fantastic when grown in. Thanks Mark!

120 x 55 x 55 'Ruby' Run out of superglue!

Really dense planting at the back. It will look like nothing we have seen before when it grows in. Can you imagine the details and textures of the crypts against the stems?

This setup for me is a learning process, I'm following this thread. So much light, such a big tank and such a mix of plants, plants that are normally known to have different light requirements. :) The crypts will attempt to take over, good substrate, flow and column ferts, coupled with more light than they can throw a stick at will be like trying to ace a beast.

I know that is too much to ask, but a daily picture of the front would be perfect to then see the development of the scape, especially if then the frames placed as a video, like a time lapse. :)

ghostsword said:
I know that is too much to ask, but a daily picture of the front would be perfect to then see the development of the scape, especially if then the frames placed as a video, like a time lapse. :)

Second that!

Zerocon said:
Second that!
ghostsword said:
I know that is too much to ask, but a daily picture of the front would be perfect to then see the development of the scape, especially if then the frames placed as a video, like a time lapse.

It's a great idea, but with working away, i cant do it justice.

Stems grow so quick, and in just 2 days, there'd be a big jump in the final video. Hygrophila polysperma 'red' has allready made a bid for freedom!

ianho said:
well...i saw this in the flesh today. I nipped around to Marks this afternoon. Can i just say the quality of this scape is awesome, and i mean awesome. The depth of the tank is superb and the plant quality is fantastic. It was pearling like a goon un this afters. This WILL look fantastic when grown in. Thanks Mark!

It was great to meet you Ian, and the family :thumbup: Visit anytime. And thanks :D

crypto corner.

crypt-corner.jpg

With petchii in the front, it will grow back shorter, and hopefully, there should be some definition between the species.

I'm looking forward to seeing a bit of balansae swaying in the current.

100% nature style... You better get a co2 supply contract now signed :lol:

Piece-of-fish said:
100% nature style... You better get a co2 supply contract now signed

I think i need a new water change system...It took bloody ages!

Filling with the hose pipe
water-change.jpg

This is going to be a real cracker, Mark. As you know, I wasn't too sure about the substrate and rock selection but I think you've nailed it.

Really nice to see you stepping out of your comfort zone a little with regards plants and placement too.

It's going to look quite mature quite quickly I think, so part of the challenge will be maintenance, especially with you being away from home midweek etc. I am finding it tough with just the 60cm right now so my hat goes off to you (and your wife for being so tolerant!)

Can you remind us about the lighting regime, please?

Cheers George.

For sue, it's far from groundbreaking, but yes, i had to step away slightly from what I've been doing.

A few small steps towards being a little braver i guess. :D

George Farmer said:
Can you remind us about the lighting regime, please?

2 x 54t5 6 hours per day (timer) and currently 1 hour of 2 x 150mh. When the MH come on, this triggers the stems to pearl, so I'll keep it this way for a while.

As events have unfolded today at work, it looks like i'm home all week, which for me is an absolute god send, especially in the first week of the tanks life.

Tom said:
How about a full front-on shot?

Here you go.

You can just start to see the stems peering over the top.

wide-4.jpg

wide-2-1.jpg

From these shots, you can see how little, light spill there is from the Geisemann unit. This is with all lamps running. Yeah, sure there's a bit, but nothing compared to an Arcadia unit.

Really beautiful. Nothing over the top, just a great layout making good use of the depth. How exactly are you getting co2 into the tank Mark? And what's the filtration and flow?

absolutely beautiful mate :D .
are you only using one filter ?,no koralia's.

Really well put together I love the wood in there,some really interesting shapes going on there!! As above any plans for the front?

Back